276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Love of My Life: Rosie Walsh

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I'm all about domestic dramas this year apparently, so I immediately snagged this one as an add-on when I saw it as a BOTM option.

The Love of My Life: Another OMG love story from the million

A] dazzling supernova of a book… Each chapter is filled with heart-breaking twists and revelations, and it is brimming with human warmth and intelligence." - Lisa Jewell, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Night She Disappeared

Find a Book

In terms of its premise, the book felt tailor-made for me. I loved the drama plus mystery vibes in the blurb. However, this doesn’t transform well to reality. The book seems like a hodgepodge of various genres – romance, suspense, family drama, literary fiction, domestic thriller – without doing justice to most.

The Love of My Life by Rosie Walsh | Waterstones The Love of My Life by Rosie Walsh | Waterstones

Emma seems to have a multitude of secrets, ranging from the trivial to the terrifying. But I wasn’t convinced at all by her reasons to keep so much of her past a secret from Leo. Some of the justifications were valid, I agree. But the rest were just RIDICULOUS! I simply didn’t get her! The rest of the characters, bar Leo, also seem shifty, not leading you to believe any of them. Plus, there’s a deliberate attempt to mislead through the interconnected characters (Don’t get me started on the coincidence of so many random characters being known to each other!) Leo is the only one I found somewhat real in his emotions and the only one I felt somewhat sorry for. I think that it is a combination of the two. She already felt so much guilt about her decisions that she found them difficult to discuss. Learning that Leo was adopted and his reaction to being adopted made it even harder to tell him the truth since... - robynnA book begging to be read on the beach, with the sun warming the sand and salt in the air: pure escapism. No, I don't think Leo has ever believed Emma truly loved him. I think he's insecure as a result of his past and has trouble accepting that people love him enough to not leave him. I don't believe this changed by the end of the novel. - kimk I’d been looking for a good book idea for a while. I wanted to write about a universal dilemma – an experience that almost all of us have had, but few of us have been able to navigate successfully. Then, one evening, I had dinner with a friend who’d just been ghosted. As she hypothesized the likely reasons for his disappearance (serious illness, a broken phone, death, even) I knew this was it.

The Love of My Life - Chick Lit Central Book Review: The Love of My Life - Chick Lit Central

This reminded me a little of a Lisa Jewell book because of its readability and addictiveness. It’s not an edgy, murder-centered thriller, but it IS suspenseful and tense throughout. The last third was very dramatic and entertaining as well. I'm mesmerized by this general thriller/poignant love story. This is impossible to put down. It is about the secrets we keep from the one we love the most and the price we pay to keep them. Told in two POV's into past and present, it will give you so many twist, turns, heartbreaks and a secret hidden so well you will not see coming. The way the story is written captures the characters with love, laughter and heartbreak for those we protect. Their second guessing comments and thoughts were real and sometimes humorous. I could not get enough. I loved this book. What kept it addictive was the interplay between Emma/Emily's life with Leo and dealing with her past. The author teases you throughout the book as to what that past was and how Leo learns his wife isn't who he thought she was via her obituary. Definitely recommend!Walsh’s hugely compelling The Love of My Life instantly pulls you deep into the interior of a marriage. Part thriller, part mystery, part heart-wrenching love story, this is a treasure for book clubs everywhere.” which i dont think is inherently a bad thing if the transition between genres is seamless, but the flow and pacing in this definitely feels disconnected at times. i enjoyed reading the mystery section the most. i think the misdirections are done well and it creates a really good plot for a domestic thriller. i would have loved for this vibe to remain throughout the entire story. but the other sections are decent - i love how quintessentially british the talk about relationships and jobs is.

THE LOVE OF MY LIFE | Kirkus Reviews THE LOVE OF MY LIFE | Kirkus Reviews

Where I struggled a bit was with the tone. Is the novel a slow-burn family drama? Or a domestic thriller? It felt a little like what you’d get if Anne Tyler and Lisa Jewell decided to co-author something. Comparison to either of those two writers is far from a bad thing, but I’m not sure they’d make great collaborators. Ghosted is an intricate puzzle of a novel, beautifully crafted and deeply moving. Rosie Walsh’s depiction of love in all its forms is equal parts heartbreaking and heartwarming; I was engrossed until the final poignant moment.”a solid combination of mystery, suspense, romance, life journey/growth that had me hooked and wanting to figure out why the wife was so mysterious and full of secrets. A bruising and beautiful mystery that kept me guessing till the very end, The Love of My Life delivers on every level. I’m a huge fan of Rosie Walsh.”

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment