276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Love of My Life: Rosie Walsh

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I didn’t much care for Ghosted by this author at all, but then I got it confused with another book with a similar title since I’m an idiot and was all about trying to get an early copy/first dibs at the library for this new release. I’m happy to report I wasn’t disappointed once I finally got my hands on it.

The Love of My Life: Another OMG love story from the million The Love of My Life: Another OMG love story from the million

The moment at which Emma finally meets her adult son is one of the most charged of her life, a longed-for event she had all but given up on. How do you think mother and son handle this moment? Do you feel hopeful for their emerging relationship at the end of the novel? In Emma and Leo we initially see a devoted couple with a deep and seemingly genuine connection. To what extent do you believe it is possible for a happy relationship to be founded on colossal untruths? Is it possible to love someone and not really know who they are? All in all, this could have been a great story for me. But the haphazard development of the situations and the unrealistic behaviour of most of the characters made this a strictly average experience. The exploration of trust - and the loss of it - in a marriage was very well examined and portrayed. Poor Leo! But, oh my, poor Emma, too! So tortured, so brave, but at the same time unable to find the courage to tell Leo the truth - for so many valid reasons, of course, but still.....!Emma's postpartum psychosis places her in an extremely vulnerable position, which allows Janice to make a decision that changes the course of several lives. What do you think pushed Janice to make such a choice? Discuss. The setting drives the story with her study of a rare crab and the connection it makes to her past. A beautiful life may soon be torn apart when Leo uncovers it all. An actress from the Rothschild's family goes missing, and Leo discovers a connection between the two. What is she hiding? Emma goes missing when he begins to connect the dots with the evidence from her past.

Ghosted by Rosie Walsh: 9780525522799 | PenguinRandomHouse Ghosted by Rosie Walsh: 9780525522799 | PenguinRandomHouse

O poveste de dragoste, învăluită în mister și secrete. Povestea Emmei și a lui Leo vă va cuceri dacă vă plac cărțile de mister & romance & cu acel ceva neașteptat. Emma has secrets she has never shared with her husband, the man she deeply loves. She never imagined her past life would surface in such an ugly, hurtful way. It is the last thing she would have wanted to happen, for Leo's sake. For her sake, too. Meanwhile, a woman, Janice, a highly successful movie star has done a runner. No one knows why she left a rehearsal for an upcoming theatrical production and has not been seen since. Though she an Emma aren't friends, Emma is highly concerned, in an a seemingly unexplainable way. The multiple points of view Walsh employed served the story perfectly; I raced through this book to learn the truth alongside Leo. Let’s put it this way, if it weren’t for work I would have been able to finish this book in a day.”

Brilliantly plotted and beautifully written, what really elevates Rosie Walsh’s book above the competition is the characters. Contradictory, flawed and entirely human, I loved and rooted for them like real people.” Leo decides he wants to be with Emma even once he learns the full truth, despite her deceptions. Would you have made the same choice? Why or why not? I have mixed feelings about The Love of my Life. While I loved the premise, love a dual narrative, and love having an author throw around pieces of information that get put together in the second half of a book, I just couldn’t connect to this story as much as I wanted to. This is a book that for some reason, I was certain I was not going to like, and it totally took me by surprise. It's part domestic thriller/part romance, but wholly captivating, and I loved it! In Emma and Leo, we initially see a devoted couple with a deep and seemingly genuine connection. To what extent do you believe it is possible for a happy relationship to be founded on colossal untruths? Is it possible to love someone and not really know who they are?

The Love of My Life by Rosie Walsh | Waterstones The Love of My Life by Rosie Walsh | Waterstones

Where I struggled a bit was with the tone. Is the novel a slow-burn family drama? Or a domestic thriller? It felt a little like what you’d get if Anne Tyler and Lisa Jewell decided to co-author something. Comparison to either of those two writers is far from a bad thing, but I’m not sure they’d make great collaborators. I loved this book. What kept it addictive was the interplay between Emma/Emily's life with Leo and dealing with her past. The author teases you throughout the book as to what that past was and how Leo learns his wife isn't who he thought she was via her obituary. Definitely recommend!I’m very glad I kept reading. Even though Walsh solves half the mystery with an info dump right around the structural halfway mark, Emma’s past turned out to be nothing like I’d imagined it, and all of the author’s earlier clues were fake-outs. Emma reveals herself to be an extremely likeable heroine who suffered horrible losses and betrayals as a college student, but pulled herself out of the mess admirably and made a wonderful life for herself. And she might just have got away with it, if it weren't for her husband's job. Leo is an obituary writer; Emma a well-known marine biologist. When she suffers a serious illness, Leo copes by doing what he knows best – researching and writing about his wife's life. But as he starts to unravel the truth, he discovers the woman he loves doesn't really exist. Even her name isn't real.

The Love of My Life — Rosie Walsh

This one is a slow-burn with lots of tension and suspense. As we uncovered Emma’s secret, the layers were so well executed and developed that every curve ball and reveal kept me guessing. It isn’t very often that these types of slow-burn thrillers keep my attention and I was hooked until the very last word. Walsh masterfully shows both [protagonists’] points of view while maintaining an intoxicating air of mystery…a propulsive thriller with heart that will keep readers guessing.” Perfect for your next book club, Rosie Walsh’s The Love of My Life is a love story meets thriller about the complexities of deceit within marriage.”

PDF / EPUB File Name: The_Love_of_My_Life_-_Rosie_Walsh.pdf, The_Love_of_My_Life_-_Rosie_Walsh.epub How well do you really know the person sleeping next to you? That question is at the heart of the domestic thriller, a genre that has ridden a wave of popularity since the 2012 publication of Gone Girl. But not all lying spouses are hiding murder or mafia ties in their past. Sometimes the secrets are about sadness, loss, and love. Do you think Leo has ever believed Emma loves and needs him every bit as much he loves and needs her? This is one of those books where I thought I could see from the beginning where things were headed (and not the obvious direction Walsh tries to steer the reader toward), so I thought I was really smart ... until I realized that I was completely wrong! Walsh does a masterful job at throwing a wrench into everything at just the right time. I loved both Emma and Leo's characters, which is quite a feat for Walsh to accomplish as there are circumstances that make Emma a very complex character, but yet I was rooting for her every step of the way. I appreciated the fact that Walsh made it a point to show that not all spouses who are hiding things are murderous psychopaths - sometimes the secrets are brought about by despair, loss, and even love. But what I found the most interesting was that uncovering those secrets was just as intriguing as finding out whether someone was a murdering psychopath.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment