276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Truth Will Set You Free, But First It Will Piss You Off!: Thoughts on Life, Love, and Rebellion

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

People got upset because I made a call to stop the foolishness,” Cosby said. “Like a friend of mine used to say, ‘The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.'” belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out his desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, refusing to uphold the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, because he is a liar and the father of lies.

John 8 ESV - Bible Hub

Jesus said, ‘If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples’” (John 8:31). True discipleship is more than intellectual assent; those who are “really” followers of Christ will “hold to” His Word. That means they will not only accept His teachings as truth, but they will also obey His teachings. Action is proof of faith (cf. James 2:17). Jesus said to them, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he, and that I do nothing on my own authority, but speak just as the Father taught me. 29 And he who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, for I always do the things that are pleasing to him.” 30As he was saying these things, many believed in him. Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

Beware of any motto that glorifies the past. It’s code for restoring hierarchy. For example: “Make America great again.”

you will know the truth, and the - Bible John 8:32 NIV - Then you will know the truth, and the - Bible

Thanks to Andrew Old whose query led QI to formulate this question and perform this exploration. Great thanks to Andrew Steinberg who located the 1978 citation which was the earliest instance of a precursor saying. Special thanks to the Browne Popular Culture Library of Bowling Green State University.) Now we know that You have a demon!” declared the Jews. “Abraham died, and so did the prophets, yet You say that anyone who keeps Your word will never taste death. spoke these words while teaching in the temple courts, near the treasury. Yet no one seized Him, because His hour had not yet come. Several universities -- including Johns Hopkins University, Ottawa University and Southern Methodist University -- use the Latin version of the quote, “veritas liberabit vos,” as their motto. Since Truth is a Person, this explains why relationship is paramount, the source, and the goal of salvation. Because relationship is everything, what we believe about God (doctrine, theology) becomes important, much like if I say I have relationship with my wife and describe her as a short, blue-skinned man, others who know her would question whether I have a relationship with her at all. And they would be right.The words “set free” have an added meaning. It also means the truth will make us free. Make. Create. Jesus therefore said to those Jews that had believed him, If ye abide in my word, then are ye truly my disciples;

John 8:31-32 ESV - The Truth Will Set You Free - So Jesus

Marriage has worked better for men than for women. The two happiest groups are married men and unmarried women.” again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life.” he said to them again, “I am going away, and you will seek me, and you will die in your sin. Where I am going, you cannot come.” 22So the Jews said, “Will he kill himself, since he says, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come’?” 23He said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.” 25So they said to him, “Who are you?” Jesus said to them, “Just what I have been telling you from the beginning. 26 I have much to say about you and much to judge, but he who sent me is true, and I declare to the world what I have heard from him.” 27They did not understand that he had been speaking to them about the Father.

So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, ( A)“If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, 32 and you will ( B)know the truth, and the truth ( C)will set you free.” 33 They answered him, ( D)“We are offspring of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How is it that you say, ‘You will become free’?” Strong's 3056: From lego; something said; by implication, a topic, also reasoning or motive; by extension, a computation; specially, the Divine Expression. Jesus had just finished a speech at the temple where He delineated differences between Himself and His listeners. “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins” (John 8:23–24). The result of Jesus’ message was that “even as he spoke, many believed in him” (verse 30). Then, in verse 31, Jesus begins to speak just to those who had believed.

John 8:32 - The Truth will Set You Free - Bible Hub

Democracy is the tree, families are the roots. —GS. Trust Gloria Steinem to offer insights that liberate us into broader, more profound ways of thinking. Her mind is fertile, deep, conscious, and inspiring, with a humor that apparently can’t help bubbling up, so that we are laughing as we, hopefully, become more wise and determined to change whatever we can change.” —Alice Walker God of all Truth, Your Word is liberating, transforming and fills us with hope. May I turn my mind to You and to Your holy Word so that I may know the Truth as You speak it and allow that transforming Truth to set me free. Jesus, I trust in You.Then said Jesus to those Jews who believed on him, If ye continue in my word, ye are my disciples indeed; they heard this, b they began to go away one by one, beginning with the older ones, until only Jesus was left, with the woman standing there.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment