276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Casio Women Analog-Digital Quartz Watch with Resin Strap LF20W-8A2

£14.995£29.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And when compared to the sprightly Twin-Graph, the new watch is much lighter on the face graphics than its vintage inspiration. To ensure that you have everything in view even in dark surroundings, the display of the watch is illuminated by a light-emitting diode at the touch of a button. Our nominated carrier is Parcel Force. Deliveries are made Monday – Friday between 9.00am – 6.00pm (excluding Bank Holidays).

For those who want to know exactly: The countdown timer helps to remember special or recurring events by emitting an acoustic signal at the set time. The time can be set every second and up to 24 hours in advance. You get a 3 year warranty-certificate for your new timepiece. If there is any problem with the mechanism, this certificate garanties a 100 % protection- meaning we take care of the technical integrity inbetween these 3 years. The numerals in this lower space are clearly defined, and the date window above remains nicely sectioned off, yet central. Another neat fact: In most modes, there are usually three operations happening between these screens. It’s a neat bit of visual tech that showcases Casio’s grasp of design, technical skill, and user interaction. Torture Testing (Photo/Josh Wussow) If desired, the key tones can be switched off with the mode button. After switching off, there is no longer a beep when switching from one function to the next. Set alarms or countdown timers are still active after switching off the key tones.And speaking of wrapping around an issue, the band itself poses a bit of a problem. Don’t get me wrong, the resin itself is comfortable, and I have no complaints as to its durability. But it’s actually fairly short, and I’m worried that folks with a large wrist size will find themselves squeezed beneath the last notch or two. (Photo/Josh Wussow) Even my tech-savvy daughter has one, an import model in her favourite shade of yellow. The F-91W was designer Ryusuke Moriai’s first project for Casio, and to say he got it right the first time is an understatement, to put it mildly. With its winning formula of cost to features, it’s hard to imagine anything else putting up those kinds of numbers. That is, until a quiet drop by Casio started burning its way up the charts. It measures a mere 35.2 x 38.2 x 8.5mm, weighs literally next to nothing (21 grams, to be precise), and even has a nominal 30 metres of water resistance. The diminutive everyman watch now comes in a range of colours, including the newest ones in summery translucent pastels.

For athletes and all those who want to know exactly: Elapsed time, split time and end time are measured with an accuracy of hundredths of a second. The measuring capacity of the watch lasts up to 24 hours. But looks aren’t enough to vault the LF20W into the halls of Casio’s vaunted classics. First, I had to test its ability to stand up to pain.The daily alarm, in which an acoustic signal sounds at the set time, reminds you of daily recurring events. This model has five independent alarms - especially convenient for taking medication on a daily basis or keeping regular appointments. Sometimes a watch doesn’t need the highest specifications to be an instant hit. Such is the case with the affordable Casio LF20W-1A, which was released in May and is now sold out at casio.com and walmart.com in the U.S. With its LCD display featuring analog-style digital hands, this watch is part of Casio’s “POP” line, which includes more playful and youth-oriented designs. The watch is based on the Casio AE-20W “Twin-Graph” from 1984 and has a retro-tech look with the sort of appeal that the AE1200WH world time series has. An advantage of such an analog-style display is that, like a real analog display, the current time always remains visible when the other functions are being used, and unlike some analog-digital models, the hands won’t get in the way of the other display sections. Additionally, the watches come with matching straps in plant-based bio-resins made from renewable organic materials. It’s a small yet meaningful step in the right direction, considering how much resin is used throughout Casio’s vast model lineup. Then there was the drop test, measuring its resistance to repeated second-story falls. When the watch shrugged off these impacts, I strapped it to the business end of a trekking pole and strolled a few miles through the forest. Again, zero trouble apart from a few scratches on the mineral screen. Not only did the watch suffer the daily hazards of work, chores, hikes, and bike rides, but it also endured several of my more rigorous tests.

And take a look at the way the lugs join the body. Because of the narrowness of the joint, swapping in another band (like, a NATO, perhaps) will result in something that looks almost comically skinny. Conclusion: Casio LF20W Review The time display can be set to 12- or 24-hour format. In 12-hour mode, there is a p in the display for the second half of the day, i.e. 12 noon to 11:59 p.m. Enter the new LF20W (a super-clean reimagining of the 1985 AE-20W Twin-Graph), which pinged my radar in an Insta post about a week ago. It’s got a similar profile (37.8 × 33.7 × 8.6 mm) and its lightweight construction (23g) keeps with the F-91W’s, but the retro-futuristic look seems to be grabbing fans’ attention with both hands. Firstly, there’s the display: bigger, bolder, and with an analogue face above the digital readout. It’s a look that recalls the cult-favourite AE1200WHD-1A World Timer, aka the “Casio Royale”, but with a cleaner, less cluttered aesthetic. Like the Royale, the new LF20W includes comprehensive world time functionality, with 31 time zones, in addition to the usual time, calendar, and chrono functions. Photo: Iknowwatches.comNext, I’m a little perplexed as to why Casio chose to include bio-based resin in the band, but not in the rest of the case. This is a fairly minor quibble, but if you’re going to go partway with the eco-friendly thing, why not go all the way? If you require any further information relating to the Delivery service used, please call us at +44 (0)20 8208 9567. Arguably, the least useful screen is the constant 10-second pie chart in the upper right, though I did find myself using it as an easy way to mark the passage of small chunks of time. Complete the short form that accompanies your product. Please ensure that you complete all of the sections, as this will guarantee the timely processing of your return/exchange. i/trending 68915 Is this brand new Casio the one to unseat the best-selling watch in the world? D.C. Hannay

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment