276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Yorkshire Tea Traditional Loose Tea Leaf 250 g (Pack of 6)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Once brewed according to Yorkshire Tea directions, it creates a very dark and rich brown colour. Add milk – it’s essential with a tea like this – to get a traditional brown tea colour. Standard, but comforting. The flavour is good… but it’s not as amazing as the aroma. I found the body of the tea to be middling – not strong, but certainly not weak – and although it is refreshing, it is also quite bitter. I would dread to drink this tea without milk!

He has laid out some tea leaves on a saucer. One pile, fine brown shavings, he dismisses as “dust”. That, he says, is what we will find inside all the tea bags we are to test today – blends, he suggests, that are fine only in texture. Cheap and tawdry, lowest common denominator stuff. He wants me to compare the dust with the much bigger dried tea leaves he puts into Tea from the Manor blends, which he insists will impart vastly more flavour.Green is not keen to taste these heathen teas: “It’s like asking someone used to drinking fine wines to have a bottle of cheap cider.” Nonetheless, he forces down a few mouthfuls, grimacing as if I have made him drink meths. He complains of a “furry taste” (Ringtons), being left with a coating on his tongue (Cornish) and points out some white scum that gathers in the Yorkshire bag. We decide to make each cuppa as I would at home or in the office: straight into the cup. We are not to stir – or worse, use a teaspoon to squeeze out the flavour: “Stirring it is wrong. We should let it steep itself.” Enjoying the tea good strong taste, glad that I can buy it from your shop as here in Australia you can only buy the tea bags. Looking forward many more cups of tea. The main elements that loose tea should be protected from are sunlight, oxygen, and moisture. As a result, loose leaf is best stored in an opaque, airtight canister. When stored properly, loose leaf can retain decent flavor up to two years, although peak freshness is more likely to be from six months to a year. Keep in mind that tea shouldn't be perishable unless it contains ingredients that otherwise are.

It's just as common to come across a tea blend as a single-variety loose leaf tea. Longtime tea drinkers may already be partial to a certain blend, like Earl Grey or English breakfast to name a couple popular ones. Many tea brands also make unique blends outside of the well-known options. A blend of different teas, along with other ingredients, will naturally alter the flavor that reaches your cup. But is Yorkshire Tea really the nation’s finest mass-produced regional chai? I decided to find out, with the help of Jimmy Green, an ex-military man who became addicted to tea when serving in Hong Kong alongside teetotal Gurkhas. He runs Tea from the Manor, which blends loose-leaf teas for hotels across the north-west.I have a love-hate relationship with tea brands like Yorkshire Tea. As a tea nerd, I’ve sampled some of the finest loose leaf teas available… and this is definitely not even close. If this was a review that was purely about the quality of the tea leaf, how it is grown and processed, Yorkshire wouldn’t do very well at all. This tea review is going to explore just how tasty Yorkshire Tea is, and whether other factors take anything away from it. If you are new to my blog, you should know that I consider the quality of the tea leaf, the aroma of the tea, and the ethical/organic certifications that come along with it when I give a star rating. Learn more about my reviewing process in the Tea Review Index. The general rule of thumb is 1 teaspoon of loose tea for every 6 to 8 ounces of water. However, that doesn't account for the vast differences in size for loose leaf teas. A teaspoon of chai tea, for example, weighs more than a teaspoon of sencha, as the former consists of small pieces and the latter large ones. Instead, the most accurate way to measure tea is by weight, not volume. Usually 2 or 3 grams of tea is the right amount for an 8-ounce cup. Loose leaf is sold in a wide range of prices, wider even than bagged tea, but the finest loose leaf teas get extremely pricey. However, there are plenty of affordable options out there, too. If you want a top tea experience or are hosting an event, it might be worth splurging on an expensive tea. If you're looking for a solid tea you can drink multiple times a day, a more cost-effective option might be better.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment