276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Rain-Mate Compact Travel Umbrella - Pocket Portable Folding Windproof Mini Umbrella - Auto Open and Close Button and 9 Rib Reinforced Canopy (Black)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

If you’re anything like me, an umbrella is something that you’re constantly misplacing. Because this umbrella is pretty high tech (and high cost), I would be pretty bummed out if I was to misplace it. Sized to sit on your desk, countertop or nightstand. RainMate utilizes pure, fresh water to circulate gently scented air into your home environment. When opened completely, the actual canopy of the umbrella was fairly small, and the T-shaped ends gave the umbrella a scalloped shape, making it easier for rain to come in.

The Repel Windproof Travel Umbrella also boasts fast-drying Teflon fabric, which is nice, but I can’t say it dried any faster than any of the other umbrellas I tested out. This was also the only umbrella I tested that did not collapse automatically with the push of a button, but it was very easy to pull down manually, so that is a plus. The best feature of this umbrella was the double canopy, meaning the top part of the umbrella was detached and overlapping from the bottom, so the wind theoretically would go through it rather than up under it and you would keep hold of your umbrella while still staying dry. So while you don’t want to splurge too much on an umbrella that you run a high chance of losing or barely using, you still want your umbrella to get the job done. I have read a ton of academic studies around the performance of HEPA and activated charcoal at removing pollutants and gasses from the air. Still, I have not seen any studies about the power of water to remove these types of pollutants.Once the umbrella has closed though, you have to manually push the collapsed canopy down to the handle before you can push the button to open it again, and that takes a little bit of muscle – not a deal-breaker by any means, just something to keep in mind when you take our top travel umbrella out in the rain for the first time. When comparing the best umbrellas for travel, it’s really the little things that make a big difference.

As this air purifier uses water to filter the air, there are no extra filter costs to consider as you just change the water every few weeks.You can hold pretty much anything above your head to protect you from the rain, but an investment in a quality umbrella can make your time abroad a lot more hassle-free.

That’s definitely something every traveler (and every human being with an ounce of dignity) would like to avoid. Unlike the standard air purifiers we review here at HouseFresh, the Rainbow Rainmate uses water as the filter. The water will need changing when running the unit for a long time. Even with all these bells and whistles, though, I had some major problems with this umbrella’s size. Collapsed completely, the umbrella was several inches taller than all of the rest I tried out, making it less portable than the others.

Brand

Unfortunately, We Cannot Guarantee Next Working Day - you will be notified if we can't fulfill this. It also claims to be “windproof,” but doesn’t have a vented double canopy like the Eezy and Lifetek, so I can’t say for sure how good the wind resistance is – it’s also the exact same inside construction as the Rain Mate, which makes no claims to being windproof. You need to fill up the main tank with water before using it to clean your air, which is easy enough. The LEDs catch your attention and can go from blue, red and green to yellow. The construction of the Repel Windproof Travel Umbrella is very similar to the Rain Mate compact travel umbrella; the only differences between the two compact travel umbrellas is that the Repel is made with a heavier, less comfortable handle and it has Telfon coating.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment