276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Red Velvet: 2 (Blackwood Cellars Series)

£5.485£10.97Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I love how hard Brody works to make things easier for April. He knows how anxiety-ridden she becomes when with her parents and sisters, and he does everything in his power to alleviate her stress. It’s clear long before he realizes it that Brody loves April, and I love how he supports and defends her throughout their trip. From running in a 10k to participating in trivia night to enduring painful events with her terrible family, Brody puts his own problems aside to be there for his best friend, which says so much about him and their relationship. April and Brody are two besties who are there for each other through it all so when April needed Brody he stepped up and went to her brothers wedding as her ex so her family wouldn’t think he was fake.

What was Delilah always telling her? To sit up straight, look people in the eye, and speak her mind. April had let her family walk all over her for years. She needed to stand up for herself, even if the prospect made her stomach churn.He rolled his eyes. You’re making this into a bigger deal than it needs to be. But if that’s what you want, then it’s your loss. But before Chris, her bed had been empty for months. Even the crumbs of his affection were better than slowly morphing into a lonely cat lady. For a brief, blissful moment, the fire inside April burned bright. Screw Chris. She was through with all his calorie counting and all his rules. Like no sleeping over. After they were done, he always dressed and headed for the door. No matter how many times she asked him to stay, he claimed spending the night would derail his morning run. He groaned. That’s not what I meant. I’d be up for a normal vacation, like a weekend in the mountains. But weddings have this weird impact on women. He wrinkled his nose. You know how I feel about cat hair on my clothes. And I won’t be long. He sauntered over to the breakfast bar and frowned at the cupcakes. Baking again? Butter and refined sugar are terrible for your waistline.

He set down the food and enfolded her in a hug. She clung to him tightly, pressing her body against his, and he was distracted by how nice she felt. Soft and warm and sexier than usual. His unabashed affection for her baking skills filled her with a warm glow. Though she’d been seeing Chris for five months, she still harbored a tiny crush on Brody. How could she not? He’d been one of the first people to befriend her when she’d relocated from Santa Barbara to the Temecula Valley—an hour north of San Diego—to work for his family’s company. And he was brilliant, funny, and totally hot for a self-proclaimed computer nerd. Maybe that’s why he couldn’t leave town for six days. Tears welled up in her eyes. I feel so stupid. What if he has a secret family? I mean, one minute you’re happy being single; the next, you’re watching the bride walk down the aisle and wishing you were her.No, I can eat whatever I want at the wedding. And no, you can’t make it up to me in the bedroom. Because if you bail this late in the game, then we’re done. When April opened the door, her frazzled appearance made his heart ache in sympathy. Wisps of chestnut-brown hair had escaped from her messy bun, her Godzilla t-shirt was dusted with flour, and her large, hazel eyes were red and swollen.

Too bad there’s a grueling 10K race and a cutthroat trivia night to endure. Not to mention a massive secret to protect. But will the biggest secret of all turn out to be that this fake relationship feels more real than April or Brody ever imagined? No. After being available for Chris whenever he needed her, after cheering him on at all his races, she’d asked him for one thing. Granted, it was a big ask, but he’d given her his word. And by breaking it so casually, he’d shown her exactly how little she meant to him. Brody is also very likeable, the lovable nerd and the kind of character that makes me annoyed I’ve never had a male friend (especially not one who fancies me, but a girl can dream 😂). Both Brody and April have their problems but, like the first book in the series, there’s no denying that their chemistry is there.Only what I’ve told them. They haven’t come to visit since last year, and I wasn’t dating him then. So, without any photos, I don’t have a shred of proof. I love this romantic setting. Author Carla Luna brings the flavors and life of Door County, Wisconsin alive. With crisp apples, gold and red leaves, cherry jams galore and plenty of wine tasting, you’ll adore this vacation-in-a-book. I never should have agreed to it. Attending a destination wedding? With your entire family? That implies we’re getting serious. She twisted her hands together. I didn’t ask for anything long-term. Just a date for Ollie’s wedding. Six nights together in a cozy cottage on Lake Michigan. Think how much fun we’ll have. She grabbed a wooden spoon and waved it at him. You need to wait until tomorrow. I still have to frost them.

This might’ve been one of the books I read whilst I was sweating on a sun bed last month but, on the face of it, it is a cosy autumn romance through and through. It has the one bed trope, it has the forced proximity trope, fake dating, friends to lovers, and protective maleThat was putting it mildly. Over the last three months, he’d felt so ashamed of his behavior at Marc’s wedding he’d curtailed most of his social interactions. Instead, he spent his nights holed up in his apartment, either gaming online or binge-watching epic series like Game of Thrones. Other than his friendship with April, he’d retreated deep into himself. Welcome! I write contemporary romance with a dollop of humor and a pinch of steam, often set in fabulous locations. This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, organizations, places, events, and incidents are either products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is entirely coincidental. In all her twenty-four years, she’d never contemplated marriage—not to Chris or anyone else. She had yet to experience the powerful, all-consuming pull of attraction that led to a lifelong commitment. Right now, all she wanted was for Chris to make an effort. Some gesture that showed he cared. I think I could pull it off, he said. Your family’s never met me, so I could easily pretend to be Chris for six days.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment