276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Vicky Angel

£3.495£6.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

When Alex Wheatle talks, we listen (after all, we recommended his books above!) He proposed Patrice Lawrence and Eve Ainsworth, so go go go. Yawns are contagious among people, but what if animals could “catch” yawns, too? Symes employs repeating rhymed verse to show a chain of yawns that pass from a boy to various animals, with a circular Continue reading » Even @Hapfairy herself seemed slightly confused about her suggestion: 'I don't have a clue how to connect the two, but I could never find anything I liked as much as Jacqueline Wilson until I read Terry Pratchett!' she told us. 'It was love at first read...' Hey, if it worked for her, it might work for you, too...

Vicky Angel : Wilson, Jacqueline, 1945- : Free Download Vicky Angel : Wilson, Jacqueline, 1945- : Free Download

Miss Gilmore, who's head of English and drama, had us all in, Toad of Toad Hall when we were in Year Seven. I so wanted to be Toad, but Miss Gilmore chose Fatboy Sam. Typecasting. Though he was good. Very good. But I have this mad, totally secret idea that I could have been better. Tracy lives in a group home for children. She takes solace in writing and in a new friendship with a writer who visits the home for research. PW So sad! BTW my version of the book has a comment right at the beginning from Jacqueline Wilson. She says: Children's books deal with death all the time, so this is no different. What is different is the way the characters deal with the grief brought on by death. It's written extremely simply and at times the protagonists' narrative was utterly annoying and devoid of anything particularly... enlightening (though what does one expect from a teenager, really) but it does offer up a different approach that I think, at the time the book was published, was not readily available.

When Andy's parents get divorced, she finds herself spending alternate weeks at Mom's house, then at Dad's, and longs for the days when they were all at home together. Ages 9-12. Continue reading » Jacqueline Wilson wrote her first novel when she was nine years old, and she has been writing ever since. She is now one of Britain’s bestselling and most beloved children’s authors. She has written over 100 books and is the creator of characters such as Tracy Beaker and Hetty Feather. More than forty million copies of her books have been sold. I started with the Persian translated book. I was halfway through the book when I realised there's something wrong, switched to the original book just to find out I'm confronting a totally different book! The translator deleted scenes and words she didn't like! Oh and that mom's boyfriend character was deleted completely! Like, completely!

Vicky Angel | Book reviews | RGfE - Reading Groups Vicky Angel | Book reviews | RGfE - Reading Groups

OTHER DELL YEARLING BOOKS YOU WILL ENJOY THE SUITCASE KID, Jacqueline Wilson DOUBLE ACT, Jacqueline Wilson THE LOTTIE PROJECT, Jacqueline Wilson BAD GIRLS, Jacqueline Wilson THE STORY OF TRACY BEAKER, Jacqueline Wilson TIGER'S FALL, Molly Bang GIRL OF KOSOVO, Alice Mead A SINGLE SHARD, Linda Sue Park ALL THE WAY HOME, Patricia Reilly Giff SAMMY KEYES AND THE SEARCH FOR SNAKE EYES Wendelin Van Draanen DELL YEARLING BOOKS are designed especially to entertain and enlighten young people. Patricia Reilly Giff, consultant to this series, received her bachelor's degree from Marymount College and a master's degree in history from St. John's University. She holds a Professional Diploma in Reading and a Doctorate of Humane Letters from Hofstra University. She was a teacher and reading consultant for many years, and is the author of numerous books for young readers. Whilst perhaps not entirely realistic, this book shines a light on how a pre teen handles the death of another young person and the associating issues of the people who are left behind. it is insane that i read this as a nine year old. literally a book about a girl whose best friend dies and becomes a VENGEFUL SPIRIT that POSSESSES HER.I didn't get a chance to explain I was being sly, not shy. I tried not to mind too much. Even Dame Judi Dench would find it hard to get a special cheer if she had to play a stoat.

Vicky Angel eBook : Wilson, Jacqueline, Sharratt, Nick

Kate Maryon's books 'cover similarly challenging themes to Jacqueline Wilson's books in a wise and kindly manner', suggested @alibrarylady (describing the stories as 'very readable' and appropriate for readers aged 9+). Jacqueline Wilson wrote her first novel when she was nine years old, and she has been writing ever since. She is now one of Britain's bestselling and most beloved children's authors. She has written over 100 books and is the creator of characters such as Tracy Beaker and Hetty Feather. More than forty million copies of her books have been sold. So I'm not really the target group here and not keen on reading childrens' books in the first place, however, this was extremely disappointing. Flat and annyoing cardboard characters, terrible parental behaviour and an abrupt ending - it's not really a book I'd give my kids to read (not that I have any, but well). Maybe I had the wrong expectations, though: I thought this was some novel intended to help children overcoming grief, instead, it was more like some person freeing theimselves from an abusive relationship. Interesting topic, but not for this book. So, nay. Our mission is to foster a universal passion for reading by partnering with authors to help create stories and communicate ideas that inform, entertain, and inspire. Wilson creatively reshapes [heroine] Charlie’s own experiences to depict the plight of a girl living 100 years earlier, thus adding new dimension to Charlie’s perceptions while offering intriguing period particulars.”Jacqueline Wilson's books all have one delicious thing in common: readers can IMMEDIATELY step directly into someone's else's brain, usually a girl in challenging circumstances (although Jacqueline has written some books narrated by boys, too, notably Biscuit's story in the brilliant Cliffhanger). That addictive first-person narrative gets many readers utterly hooked right from the get go!

Vicky Angel by Jacqueline Wilson, Nick Sharratt | Waterstones

Jake also recommended Cathy Macphailfor "grit and grist" and suggested Ella on the Outsideby Cath Howe "would make an excellent choice". But if you don't want to commit to a full Cath, may we present Cat Clarke, suggested by @_sunshinebooks? Wilson (The Suitcase Kid) opens this tightly written tale with a bang: 10-year-old Mandy, after being humiliated by three bullying classmates, dashes into the street and gets hit by a bus (she Continue reading »

For children who are starting to reach the end of their Jacqueline Wilson obsession (or have read them all!)

British author Jacqueline Wilson presents the third title in her Girls trilogy, Girls Out Late. Ellie goes ga-ga over a new boy, but when she breaks her curfew to meet up with him, her plan Continue reading »

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment