276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Year of Living Danishly: Uncovering the Secrets of the World’s Happiest Country

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Your average Danish home might also have a designer lamp like Poul Henningsen’s PH or an Arne Jacobsen AJ from Louis Poulsen.

The Year of Living Danishly: My Twelve Books similar to The Year of Living Danishly: My Twelve

If Danes are the world's biggest per capita spenders on new furniture and silly scatter cushions (this book reads embarrassingly like a advertorial sometimes, a disappointingly picture-free one but then many standard magazine articles, on which she cut her teeth, are just a step away from being ads), what happens to the old stuff? I wouldn't say I "hated" it; but it seemed to drag on and on and didn't capture/entertain the way YLD did.

Danes trust each other so much they're happy to let their babies sleep outside in prams as they pop into a cafe for lunch and 79 per cent of Danes say they trust most people - a statistic I found extraordinary. In the end, she and her husband (and newborn baby) decide that they can’t imagine going back to London and begin the rest of their lives in Denmark. While feminism is having a resurgence in the UK, in Denmark many women and girls take it for granted - which is where problems arise. The government's commitment to cycling is also evident in the requirement for taxis to have bike racks, ensuring that people can get home safely after a night out. That being said, I think those who were fans of A Year of Living Danishly would enjoy this book as well.

Year by Helen Russell | Goodreads Leap Year by Helen Russell | Goodreads

There are plenty of notes on the text and plenty of books mentioned in the text itself which you might want to read to follow up on particular topics which arouse your interest. g. The Almost Nearly Perfect People; or How to Be Danish, not to mention a zillion articles in newspaper lifestyle sections. if you're not happy with who you're waking up with most mornings, make a change -- if you want something (or someone) else, go for it.Working in consumer and lifestyle magazines, the underlying message of most features I wrote was happiness. They like to plan in advance - this can take some getting used to but once you start to fill up your calendar, you can just relax. being a part of a club helps you to be an active person, involved in community life and with a sense of responsibility for the collective.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment