276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Elsewhere

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Anyone who reads Tomorrow can't stop talking about it. The story of Sam and Sadie and the worlds they create is something truly special Stylist

Elsewhere – Gabrielle Zevin

I LOVED this!... Magnificent... Such wisdom and tenderness about friendship and love as the years march on. Wonderful Russell T Davies Okay, I have to share this... this is when the eyes started to tear and the lips started to tremble: It’s hard for me to write a review about Elsewhere without any spoil or philosophy of life. So, please bear with me.Powerful and thought provoking in the way that recalls Lois Lowry’s The Giver, this bittersweet tale will move some readers to tears with its devastating beauty and loss.”— Seattle Post-Intelligencer

Gabrielle Zevin Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin

Gomez, Dessi (November 4, 2022). " 'The Storied Life of AJ Fikry' Author Opens Up About the Book-to-Screen Process". TheWrap . Retrieved January 13, 2023. I wonder if there's a hat in here somewhere," says Liz. Even in a dream, Liz isn't sure she wants to be the freaky bald girl. She opens the closet and looks under the bed: both are as empty as the bureau. Zevin has the ability to make you care about her creations within paragraphs of meeting them... whose fates I consistently worried about when I occasionally had to put the book aside. Financial TimesLiz dies at 15-years-young in a freak accident and desperately claws for her old life on Earth, which now seems faraway, otherworldly, and distant. However, little by little she learns to lean in and embrace her new world with a rush of tenderness and warmly kept appreciation. Her surroundings and the people in her new world gradually feel less foreign and over time she begins to acclimate. She soul-searches and discovers herself at each new turn. There's water, lots and lots of it. Just look out the window," she replies before cocooning herself in the bedclothes. "Of course, you might have thought to do that without waking me." Oh my god, I couldn’t put it down and it made me cry – I love it when a book makes me cry – and I didn’t want it to end... I really loved it Geri Halliwell A work of powerful beauty. This inventive novel slices right to the bone of human yearning, offering up an indelible vision of life and death as equally rich sides of the same coin.”— Starred, Booklist

Gabrielle Zevin About – Gabrielle Zevin

This is an absolutely wonderful and loving book, perfect for teens.”— The Union-Prospector (Western Nevada County, CA) Fascinating. Zevin, in her first novel for young people, bends the laws of physics and biology to create an intricately imagined world.” — Publishers Weekly I loved this novel about two kids setting up a computer games company. What fascinated me is it's not about a romantic relationship but friendship. Mat Osman, The Times And there will be other lives for unpaid debts, for one-night stands, for Prague and Paris, for painful shoes with pointy toes, for indecision and revisions.But Liz wants to turn sixteen, not fourteen (again). She wants to get her driver’s license. She wants to graduate from high school and go to college. She wants to fall in love. And now that she’s dead, Liz is being forced to live a life she doesn’t want with a grandmother she has only just met. And it is not going well. It is the imaginary world of a game, a world Zevin describes with the addict's ardour, which forms a universe even the sturdiest parent or antediluvian book-lover will be enticed into. Big Issue You really like said book. I mean, it's been a good 8 months, and I was still hazy about the plot throughout the whole book, but it's SUCH a good story that I didn't mind kinda knowing the plot.

ELSEWHERE - Bloomsbury Praise for ELSEWHERE - Bloomsbury

Even the most cynical fourteen year-olds should be captivated by Gabrielle Zevin’s witty dialogue and charming characters.”— Portland TribuneWoven throughout are meditations on originality, appropriation, the similarities between video games and other forms of art, the liberating possibilities of inhabiting a virtual world, and the ways in which platonic love can be deeper and more rewarding - especially in the context of a creative partnership - than romance. New Yorker

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment