276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Tenda Nova MW3-3 Mesh WiFi System - Up to 3500 sq.ft. Whole Home Coverage, WiFi Router and Extender Replacement, AC1200 Mesh Router for Wireless Internet, Works with Alexa, Parental Controls, 3-pack

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

However, the design isn't great. The nodes are much bigger than Google's cylinders or TP Link Deco's disks. The light is also a lot brighter than the others. You can change this in the settings, but it's annoying that it comes as default. It illuminated my bedroom to a point where I feared it would harm my chances of getting to sleep. (Admittedly, I'm someone who requires total darkness to nod off.) Read more: The best laptops for students and best external hard drives Frequently asked questions about WiFi extenders Do wireless extenders work? Powerline systems are often more expensive than repeaters but they’re a fuss-free way to extend a network connection into places that are otherwise hard to reach and can be simpler to set up. Might I be better off with a mesh Wi-Fi system?

It's also worth noting that this is a subject mired in jargon. The process of setting up your device can be an exercise in how many technology acronyms you can remember. I write about this stuff for a living and even I struggled occasionally. To help you out on this front, I've written a glossary at the end of this article.Network: A group of computing devices which are linked together to share data. This can be via wired media such as cables or via wireless media such as WiFi.

Modem: The vast majority of providers combine their modems and routers so you won’t have two separate devices. In short, a modem is the device which actually connects your network to the internet. Modem is a portmanteau of the words ‘modulator’ and ‘demodulator’. It turns one signal into another signal. For example, it turns digital data of a computer into the analogue signal of a telephone line. This is why you used to have to connect your internet to the phone line.

Get good speeds where you need them most with the best Wi-Fi extenders

Router: The box that your internet signal comes out of. Usually you’ll get a router installed when you sign up to a certain internet service provider. Sometimes brands call these devices ‘hubs’. The bigger brother of the lovable RE505X is another compact, plug-in Wi-Fi 6 extender, but with the speeds boosted to meet the AX3000 spec. Similar to its cheaper sibling, this model is easy to set up and configure using TP-Link’s Tether app, and it supports OneMesh technology for seamless roaming around the house. If you have a compatible TP-Link router, it can even set up the RE700X while in this mode.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment