276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Olympus LS-P4 HI-RES Audio Recorder with TRESMIC 3 Microphone System, Integrated Bluetooth, USB Connector, 2-Mic Noise Cancellation, Fade-In/Fade-Out, Trimming/Overdubbing Editing and 8 GB MemoryT

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The recording unit is 11x4x1.5cm and weighs only 75grams with the supplied ‘AAA’ rechargeable battery inserted. I suggested the less expensive Rode mics because they are inexpensive, which is the impression I got from Phil's message. I think most any of them will have much better sensitivity and self-noise than the ME15. They'd be an improvement, but I did not mean to say that they are a good birding mic. Just better than the ME15. The video mics are of interest as they are short shotguns and will have some off-axis suppression. Allowing for a frequency spectrum of a full 20Hz-20kHz, the built-in TRESMIC 3 microphone system ensures a rich stereophonic sound capture – irrespective of the environment the LS-P4 is used in. I've received m LS-P4, and here are the settings I'm thinking of using with the ME66/K6 mic I'm going to receive this week: Normally with such devices I use one of several local venues to capture a gig or three be it trio, quartet or larger group, sadly this was not possible at the moment and even when we return to ‘normality’ there is still ‘social distancing’ to overcome. However it did mean that talking with my neighbours in normal voice was caught effectively even at two metres or more. The Zoom mode can work over even longer distances.

Olympus LS-P4 (English - 136 pages) User manual Olympus LS-P4 (English - 136 pages)

Did I have the recording level too high? Is there some sort of limiter that is producing the sound? Is the mic just no good for this? I don't want a large microphone at the moment, but I am prepared to spend more on a better one. Some remote control features are included courtesy of Bluetooth connectivity, with users able to remotely start and stop recording, as well as adjust levels, change filter settings or microphone directionality via a free iOS and Android-compatible smartphone app. When using 16-bit recording modes, it is also possible to use the Bluetooth connection to wirelessly monitor the audio signal at distances of up to 10m. The 3 microphone system comprises of 2 premium-quality directional microphones that ensure a rich stereophonic sound capture, and an omni-directional mic at the center which captures all your low frequencies for a fully balanced recording. The LS-P4 can handle up to 120dB of SPL without clipping. For voice recording, the LS-P4 features the latest in microphone noise cancellation, giving you clearer results in noisy environments. Portable design with built-in battery

More News

DOD unveils the Chthonic Fuzz – a pedal “capable of the darkest, most potent fuzz to subtle touches of sonic grit and everywhere in between” OM SYSTEM may call depending on the nature of your inquiry. We have representatives available from 6am - 2pm ET (Monday - Friday). I'm reading about the Zoom products, and why field recording buffs are using them rather than the equivalent products from other manufacturers. It appears that the noise floor of H4n Pro and H5 is low compared to similarly-priced products from other competitors. The LS-P1 has 90º directional microphones and a Zoom mode offers targeted focus on the desired sound being recorded. (The feature is enabled via the menu system using a graphic not unlike the angle of view diagram familiar to photographers. If recording a static subject speaking, you’d favour a setting of +6; to capture as much ambient noise as possible, you’d go for -3.)

Olympus LS-P4 HI-RES Audio Recorder with TRESMIC 3 Microphone Olympus LS-P4 HI-RES Audio Recorder with TRESMIC 3 Microphone

Connecting the audio cable allows the audio to be recorded via the camera, and monitored accordingly.We tested the LS-P1 with a mixture of speech and music sound sources, and found that selecting a Manual recording level and using the Limiter gave the best results. Automatic recording resulted in some clipping and distortion when recording music.

MusicRadar Best field recorders 2023: Top portable recorders | MusicRadar

A compact unit, the LS-P1 fits well in the hand and is very light. Despite its featherweight payload, the device is well made and doesn’t feel particularly fragile – but the Olympus CS150 Multipurpose Case will be a good investment for anyone prone to dropping things. Many parabola mics use lavs or other small omnis in them. They can distort sound a fair bit, and change the frequencies, depending on the geometry and size. But they can have pretty high gain too. Voice balancer (makes smaller voices louder and ensures that louder voices stay below a given level) I tested my cable with an ohmmeter. It does the right thing. The + goes to tip & ring, the - and gnd go to sleeve. It is mono to the L&R from a single phase. There is no "out of phase" thing happening.

Conclusion

The ME66 that Marc uses is of course far superior, bigger, and more expensive, you pays your money....

Olympus LS-P4 Review - MusicTech

The three have RF biasing (which means they work in humid places), they are sensitive and they have a very low self noise.Now I'm confused. I bought the cables with unbalanced connectors, due to the recommendations of people posting in this forum. However, now I've learned that the K6 power module has a xlr connection that is balanced. That means these unbalanced cables might not work. I guess I really need a cable that has a balanced xlr connector on one end, and an unbalanced 3.5mm plug on the other end? They are not cheap (although not as expensive as the Sennheiser MKH competition) but these microphones are a long term investment. The H5 will also take an accessory shotgun that replaces its standard mics it has its uses, but you are better off with your ME66.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment