276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Limited Edition Legal Tender George Best £5 Fiver Bank Note

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But this conflicted with the laws of quantum physics, which state that information about what fell into the black hole can never be completely wiped out. I don't want to trivialise what is undoubtedly a serious illness, but 'Alcoholism is a disease as difficult to fight as cancer? When the evidence was put to him he said that it had already been on there when he stumbled across it that day.

In August 1982, he played 20 minutes for Scone Thistle against Scone Amateurs; the appearance fee he received helped to pay off an income tax bill. In late 1982, AFC Bournemouth manager Don Megson signed the 36-year-old Best for the Third Division side, and he remained there until the end of the 1982–83 season, when he retired from football at the age of 37. In the Intercontinental Cup, fans and players alike looked forward to seeing United take on Argentine opposition Estudiantes de La Plata over the course of two legs.Juventus have signalled an interest in Belgian young player of the year Vincent Kompany, and seem foolishly confident of outbidding Chelsea for the Anderlecht defender. Afterwards, Best was interred beside his mother Annie Mary Best in a private ceremony at the hill-top Roselawn Cemetery, overlooking east Belfast. Please tell me Sian Kennedy's 'woman's perspective' comment on Perrin's departure [yesterday's Fiver letters] meant to be ironic? United's decline continued in the 1972–73 season, as Best was part of the 'old guard clique' that barely talked to the newer, less talented players. If he had been in charge when I was playing, maybe he would have come and grabbed me when I went missing and things might not have turned out the way they did”.

He drank, he gambled, he had an infinity of girlfriends - among them two Miss Englands and, reportedly, a just-married bride whom he took upstairs from a hotel bar while his team-mates plied her husband with drink. One infamous incident saw Best initially sacked by Hibs after he went on a massive drinking session with the French rugby team, who were in Edinburgh to play Scotland. In the early hours of 25 November 2005, treatment was stopped; later that day he died, aged 59, as a result of a lung infection and multiple organ failure.

Highlights for Best included hat-tricks against West Ham United and Southampton, as well as a goal against Sheffield United that came after he beat four defenders in a mazy run. As said already, that op was wasted on him and the organ could of gone to a more deserving person who wouldnt of wasted the doctors time, money or talent having it done only to kill it with alcohol all over again.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment