276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Betrayal of Storms (Realm of Fey Book 1)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Hosted by Casey Davoren (Darkreaders), Sarah Churchill (Clumsinessisacurse) and Ben (Benjaminoftomes Read-a-long starts from 7th March - 28th March! Dorian goes into Manon’s cabin late in the night. He is attracted to her. She wants them to trust her enough to unchain her. She wants Dorian, too. He gives her neither. The next day, Dorian asks Aelin to unchain her and let her roam free on the ship. They go down to unchain her. One of the group is an imposter, one of Erawan’s minions sent for Manon. He reveals her as the last Crochan Queen. Dorian kills him. Perfect for fans of A Court of Thorns and Roses and From Blood and Ash, this new, fantasy romance about a half-fey boy and his personal guard preventing a war between the realms. Dundalk—The Town, to locals—took Aoife in when she left home at eighteen. Now she’s gone from a small-time slinger of hash to a bona fide player in Dundalk’s criminal underworld. Aoife’s smart, savvy, and cool under pressure. Except, that is, when it comes to Annie. Annie is mysterious and compelling, and Aoife is desperate to impress her and keep her close.

Aedion says The Bane (his army) will follow her into battle with Erawan. Darrow says The Bane are at the discretion of the Lords of Terrasen. He asks her to find him allies, perhaps through marriage to foreign royalty.

As their attraction teeters on the edge of something more both agree to keep it casual. A no-strings agreement and disclosure to HR should be enough to keep things between Jones and Elsie from getting tangled, right? All until Robin Vale reveals himself to be the last Icethorn heir. A hope for the humans he has grown up amongst, but to the detriment of many who would see him dead before ruining their years of preparation.

Elide and Lorcan arrive in a town and need to try to link up with a traveling theatrical troupe to hide among while navigating the next part of their journey. In a tavern, Elide finds a group in need of money to continue their travel. She introduces Lorcan as a master sword thrower and her husband. The troupe accepts their offer to pay their tolls in exchange for letting the two join. In an alternate version of 1893 America, New York is part of the Free States, where people may live and love whomever they please (or so it seems). The fragile young scion of a distinguished family resists betrothal to a worthy suitor, drawn to a charming music teacher of no means. In a 1993 Manhattan besieged by the AIDS epidemic, a young Hawaiian man lives with his much older, wealthier partner, hiding his troubled childhood and the fate of his father. And in 2093, in a world riven by plagues and governed by totalitarian rule, a powerful scientist’s damaged granddaughter tries to navigate life without him—and solve the mystery of her husband’s disappearances. Fun is the one thing Elsie Webb takes seriously. Though she’d be having a lot more of it if Haelstrom Media paid her enough to actually get out of debt. She’s determined to hold out on contract negotiations for her kids’ television show Fangley Heights until she gets what she deserves. There’s only one problem, the head of the network just died and left her future more uncertain than ever. So when Deneve shows up after a vision of Jolie being kidnapped, Jolie wants little to do with the frustratingly attractive drifter. Deneve’s surprised by how much she wants to thaw the pretty shopkeeper’s chilly attitude, but the idea of staying in one place sets off her alarm bells.

Manon awakes on a ship, chained, weak, and in pain, with Aelin watching over her. Aelin had been healing her. Aelin warns her not to run away or hurt anyone. Dorian is there when she wakes up again days later. She tells him how and why her injuries happened and asks him to find her Thirteen. Nehemia, the princess of Eyllwe, approaches the chest. Elena greets her. Nehemia thinks she’s there to pay the price to save them. Elena says it’s not her. She says it's Mala’s bloodline who must pay. She says it must be one of two…Dorian or Aelin. She tells her to go north because these two houses will converge there. Elena tells her it’s necessary, but the price will be her life.

A daring, category-confounding, and ruthlessly funny novel from National Book Award honored author Edmund White that explores polyamory and bisexuality, ageing and love. Its a good read! I enjoyed the book a lot, the characters are what really kept me going through it. Robin finds allies during his discovery of a realm he has long since feared. Erix, a fey warrior who aids as a distraction during the long nights. Althea, a stern princess hellbent on stopping the human hunters from killing her kind.That was exhausting. I’ve just read the first chapter and it was hard to lose myself in the story when. the author uses flowery and dramatic language, describes a plural item as being singular, uses no contractions and uses words that have a similar meaning but are subtly different from words that would normally be used. An example is: “Do not let my family discern you with their comments…”. It’s hard enough balancing two jobs with raising my son solo. Forget dating. I barely have time for laundry. Elide and Lorcan travel with their caravan, posing as newlyweds to sneak off to continue her descriptions of Morath to him. He asks why she wants to find Aelin. He shares a small piece of information: that Celaena Sardothien is in the employ of Aelin. So after finishing the book, I would say that the book needs tightening up and absolutely needs some good editing. I wonder, does Ben even have an editor or beta readers? Because looking at some of the word choices, I really doubt it. I’m also wonder if he has ever taken a literary or creative writing course. I think if he had, it would have taught him hat being too creative is not necessary a good thing. Less is more.

Together they unravel a mystery that exposes long-standing family secrets and threatens to involve James more than either of them would like. Georgia, another dancer, is drawn into the investigation as she tries to assist Holly, a Harvard-educated detective with a complicated story of her own. As the point of view shifts from dancers and detectives to club patrons and children, the women round up a list of suspects, all the while grappling with their understandings of loss and love.As their investigation deepens, Erin and Swish convince Ann to withdraw her guilty plea. But Ann clearly knows more than she’s willing to share, even if it means a life sentence. Who is she protecting, and why?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment