276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Samsung Odyssey AG700 LS28AG700NUXXU 28 Inch 4K UHD Gaming monitor with HDMI 2.1 - 144 Hz, 1ms, 3840x2160, HDR400, HDMI 2.1, USB Hub, Displayport

£324.995£649.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Reach the height of winning. Swivel, tilt, and adjust your monitor until all enemies are in perfect view. Your display can be moved freely so you can find total gaming comfort. I do like the design on the rear, Samsung have gone with the same type of "gamer" influenced style but the patterning is pleasing and the RGB LED core lighting element in the center looks pretty cool, certainly a better-than-average implementation of RGB. Samsung does advertise "factory tuning" for this display, and a calibration report is included. The most accurate mode I could find is the sRGB mode, and this is how I'd recommend most people use the monitor for SDR content. The new Odyssey G7 brings to the table a 28-inch 4K 144Hz IPS panel aimed at gamers. It's called the LS28AG700 (usually with even more letters and numbers after that depending on your region), but for this review we'll be shortening it to the S28 model. Samsung also advertises it as the "Odyssey G70A 28-inch" or the "Odyssey G7 UHD 28-inch" in various countries. Power consumption was similar to other IPS monitors of today, and I tested with the RGB lighting disabled. No causes for concerns here and if anything the S28 is a bit better than average.

You can adjust the overdrive when the FreeSync option is disabled in the OSD, but I don't think any of those settings are relevant.Your Samsung OLED monitor comes with Panel Care functions to prevent screen burn-in issues. These include Pixel Refresh and Pixel Shift. The Odyssey G7 S28 also does not clamp the wide color gamut down to sRGB or Rec.709 by default, so there is a bit of saturation for everyday SDR content like YouTube videos. I wouldn't describe it as significant oversaturation, but it's not accurate going on the deltaE results from our testing. Looking at response times, the Odyssey G7 S28 is similar to other Odyssey monitors in that you cannot adjust the overdrive settings when adaptive sync is enabled. The vast majority of buyers will be using adaptive sync with this display when hooked up to a PC, so we're only going to test this mode. As we move down the refresh rate range, as gamers playing with variable refresh enabled might do, response performance is consistent. The response time average only increases from 4.90 to 5.08ms at 60Hz which is a very small difference. However, overshoot does increase, and there are no real signs of variable overdrive being used here.

At 144Hz, the G7 S28 performs pretty well. The response time average registers in under 5ms, and the level of overshoot is minimal for the majority of transitions. This leads to a really solid cumulative deviation average of under 500, right where I like to see modern IPS displays. Refresh compliance of over 90% is excellent, too, suggesting this panel is comfortably capable of refreshing at 144Hz.You can use the Pixel Shift function on your Samsung OLED monitor to fix image issues. This will refresh the screen’s pixels. FAQ for Samsung TV. Find more about how to troubleshoot your Smart Monitor M80B If the screen is not normal when connecting to a PC with Samsung Support. As always our full calibration results after using Portrait Display's Calman software are very good, especially for sRGB where there are no lingering issues. The only main problems were for the P3 color space, the S28 can't fully cover the P3 gamut, so performance at the top end is still off where it should be. This limits the versatility of the display as a monitor for creators using P3, but it's still fine for content consumption.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment