276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Liquid Leather Quick 20 Dashboard Repair Kit

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

First, a little background on the welding stick you will be using and why I chose it over other plastic welding materials. I chose Fiber-Flex welding sticks for this repair because they are reinforced with fiberglass, melt at a lower temperature and are much larger in size to easily fill wide dash cracks and holes. I have tried a couple of products that let you lift the original dash texture, but it's difficult to transfer that texture back onto your dash. The most common sign of a failed repair will be separation of the filler from the dash surface, usually brought on by high temperatures. If this is the first time you are attempting this kind of repair, I would recommend taking the time to read through this entire post first.

If you have cracks in your dashboard, it’s not only annoying, but it clearly shows that your car is “getting on in years” or has already passed its prime. Testing your repair is as simple as placing the dash in direct sunlight for 30 mins and if possible, exposing it to colder temperatures at night. At this point, you may want to remove the fascia panel, instrument cluster, HVAC vents, and speaker grille, especially if the cracks protrude into or near these parts of your dash. Since Fiber-Flex is recommended for hard-to-weld plastics, it works great for this application due to its high adhesion properties when melted. Confirm this by using your hand to feel it there are any changes in the height of the filler compared to the surrounding dash surface.For more control over the texture appearance, use Polyvance’s 3803 or 3804 Flextex VT texture spray with a 2.

Padded Dash Filler 2050-9 is formulated from special polyester resins that increase adhesion to vinyl and other plastic substrates. You will even notice a difference in the spray tips they use; they rarely clog and consistently put out a uniform spray. Continue filling over all the welds in the dash, as well as any other superficial surface cracks or imperfections you come across.This DIY was written so that even a novice could complete the repair, so please excuse the heavy details in some areas as well as an oversimplifying of what might seem obvious to the more experienced forum member. It is more expensive than many other aerosol spray paints/under-coatings, but you’re paying for the high quality of their products. I think the process would work nicely on a stationary dash but it does not seem able to withstand the stress and stretch to which it is subjected on upholstery. I will do some step by step instructions on each of these when I get a chance and pop a link to them here.

TOP TIP: To make a stamp you need about half a mini pack of sugru, line up another hack before you start so you don't waste any (see Step 8).SEM makes three types of black paint for re-spraying plastic and vinyl car interiors: Landau, Satin and Gloss. Perhaps no one but you will notice the revamped dashboard at first glance since it will blend it perfectly with the well-kept state of the interior. Change country: -Select- Afghanistan American Samoa Anguilla Antigua and Barbuda Armenia Aruba Australia Azerbaijan Republic Bahamas Bangladesh Belgium Belize Bermuda Bhutan British Virgin Islands Brunei Darussalam Cambodia Canada Cayman Islands China Cook Islands Costa Rica Denmark Dominica Dominican Republic El Salvador Fiji France Georgia Germany Greenland Grenada Guam Guatemala Haiti Honduras Hong Kong India Indonesia Ireland Italy Jamaica Japan Kazakhstan Kiribati Kyrgyzstan Laos Malaysia Maldives Marshall Islands Mexico Micronesia Mongolia Montserrat Nauru Nepal Netherlands Antilles New Zealand Nicaragua Niue Norway Pakistan Palau Panama Papua New Guinea Philippines Poland Puerto Rico Romania Saint Kitts-Nevis Saint Lucia Saint Pierre and Miquelon Saint Vincent and the Grenadines Singapore Solomon Islands South Korea Spain Sri Lanka Taiwan Tajikistan Thailand Tonga Trinidad and Tobago Turkmenistan Turks and Caicos Islands Tuvalu United Kingdom United States Uzbekistan Vanuatu Vietnam Virgin Islands (U. A dash repair made with this type of filler will expand and contact with changes in temperature, unlike Bondo, which will most likely crack and ruin your repair.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment