276°
Posted 20 hours ago

GEO Flex 230 2-in-1 Laptop with 13.3-inch Touchscreen Windows 10 Intel Pentium Quad-Core 4GB RAM 128GB SSD - Includes 1 Year Microsoft 365, Silver

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I’ve found the battery life to be quite good though this is going to depend on what you’re doing with it. I’ve no experience with that model unfortunately – though someone posted a comment a while back indicating that if it didn’t have the slot in the bottom of the case then there was no M. The only niggle here is that I can’t find out how to disable the keyboard and trackpad in this mode which is annoying. I did enjoy my little Geo Flex – the portability and light weight were a definite bonus for someone who’s going to be carrying it around college.

GeoFlex 230 13.3-inch Convertible Windows 10 FHD Laptop GeoFlex 230 13.3-inch Convertible Windows 10 FHD Laptop

SSD from the Crucial MX500 range which also came with a link to the Acronis True Image cloning software and I used this to clone the Win10 operating system to the Crucial SSD. The key refers to an area of the substrate of the expansion card which has been cut away to provide a ‘key’ area. The SSD had been working fine, and had my rEFInd boot menu and Linux setup on it, however the battery was reported missing despite seeming to power the device just fine. I recently acquired one of these laptops in the hopes that it would have the SSD slot to upgrade the storage, but unfortunately ended up with one of the revisions with the flush panel on the bottom. You would expect the SATA interface to outperform the eMMC on more complex operations and this seems to bear it out.

So given those reasons, you may want to upgrade the storage in the Geo Flex 2 in 1 laptop as a result. If they ask me to remove it I will, although the drivers are only useful on their hardware and hopefully this article will help people realise how good their hardware actually is. Use GeoFlex in laptop mode as your portable workspace, flip it into tablet mode to relax on the sofa, prop it up in tent mode as a mini movie screen or make it your recipe assistant in the kitchen. But suffice to say, it is an indication of how much data is transferred from the hard drives to the application per second.

Geo Computers User Guide – Geo Computers

Bearing in mind I definitely want a lightweight laptop (I also like the idea of it being touch screen but ive never had a touchscreen one before is the feature that useful? You may get lucky and only need to change the glass itself rather than the whole LCD depending on how they’re put together.You can’t easily boot from the USB drive and although you can tell Windows 10 to install new software and stuff to this drive it all feels a bit disjointed. Notably the keyboard and screen accelerometer’s which come with Windows were quite problematic and didn’t detect when the laptop was being used as a tablet. If you want to have a play with either of these operating systems on the Geo Flex 2 in 1, you can create a bootable live USB system which means you don’t lose the Windows operating system. You /might/ be able to find one on somewhere like AliExpress but it’s going to be a complex undertaking that may result in a dead GeoFlex.

Can I Upgrade The Storage In The Geo Flex 2 In 1 Laptop? Can I Upgrade The Storage In The Geo Flex 2 In 1 Laptop?

Geo’s support team provided me with a link to download the drivers, along with helpful instructions on how to install them easily. SSDs are pretty cheap these days and I doubt you’d notice the difference speedwise between that and an eMMC.If you’ve enjoyed this review of the Geo Flex 2 in 1 laptop, please drop me a comment below and let know. It’s not really fast, but it’s fast in terms of opening office 365 and stuff I actually use a laptop for. Stuck in tablet mode, it doesn’t seem to connect to the physical keyboard despite multiple restarts, un- and re-installing keyboard, uninstalling Windows 11 (which is so annoyingly secretive about where it hides settings and functions), and a great many swear words hurled at it. However, there are other factors that will determine if your device can run Windows 11, such as available storage. Get more from Microsoft 365 by accessing Adobe Creative apps, Personal Maths tutoring and Creative live through your Family or Personal subscription.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment