276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Arthur and Teddy Are Coming Out: The uplifting, feel-good read of 2023

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Arthur especially stole my heart, and I really related to the strong grandfather/grandchild bond between him and Teddy - it’s a relationship that just doesn’t get enough focus and which was probably the most important in my life so I’m grateful to see that reflected here. This story is perfect for you if you love queer romances and are in need of a great book that you'll finish in no time because of the writing style and story itself. The character Arther navigated an early trauma in his gay experience when his father had his boyfriend beaten up and left for dead only to be reunited a lifetime later. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. You often see the male family members as antagonists in this genre, but that is absolutely not the case here.

But unfortunately I didn't find the story itself as colorful, vibrant and full of promise as the beautiful cover. I loved the way Shakeel’s presence bubbles along so that he helps define Teddy in the reader’s mind. Big thank you to Harlequin for sending me an advanced copy of this book, it has been nothing short of a joy to read this.Deshalb würde ich das Buch übrigens auch allen Menschen empfehlen, die sich nicht als queer identifizieren, aber sich vielleicht mehr damit beschäftigen möchten, wie das Leben als queere Person unter anderem aussehen kann. But why can't you be happy that your grandfather, father, son, brother, cousin, uncle, nephew, colleague, friend [insert relation here] is happy, even if they're happiness comes from another grandfather, father, son etc etc?

I've been following this book for sooooo long, and have become somewhat of a Twitter Stalker (only slightly) of Ryan Love, as he just seems to lovely, and I'm only like 82% jealous that he got a birthday message from the great Miriam Margolyes.I'm not perfect, but I hope when I'm not here that the people I love will remember me for the good things and know I did my best for them. I can't think of any other story I've read with a coming out story for a character of his age, but it's one that needed to be told. When 79-year-old Arthur Edwards gathers his family together to share some important news, no one is prepared for the bombshell he drops: he’s gay, and after a lifetime in the closet, he’s finally ready to come out.

I did notice that at times the story went really fast, and certain things are skipped, which I thought could have been a bit better. Love gives his protagonists insightful observations and wise words: Arthur tells Teddy “Life is full of sacrifices, Teddy. Postage charges vary according to the weight of your items and the destination country, and are calculated at the checkout. After moving into music PR, Ryan worked on campaigns for global superstars including Britney Spears, Shakira, Usher, John Legend and OneRepublic. Still, I enjoyed the various twists and turns each character faced, and there was a satisfying ending.Which, anyone who's ever had to keep a household running knows that that's a full-time job even with the kids long out of the house, so when does this almost 80-year-old woman sleep?

They’re twofold really, the first relating to Teddy and his treatment of Ben (apparently his boyfriend but you wouldn’t know it) and the second to the story’s narrative and its easy forgiveness of Elizabeth’s homophobia (YMMV on this one). I really hate giving negative reviews, and it seems like I am in the minority with this one, but unfortunately I just cannot give this more than 1 star. They're like an unconventional pair of Disney Grandparents, and they really made me miss my own they're so gorgeous. His habit of putting himself down and avoiding taking risks is one so many readers will recognise and it’s his development over the course of the story that is so engaging.And because things are often so shallow, a lot of the character decisions seem to come out of left field.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment