276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Twisted Lies: 4

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

He’ll do anything to have her…including lie. Charming, deadly, and smart enough to hide it, Christian Harper is a monster dressed in the perfectly tailored suits of a gentleman. He has little use for morals and even less use for love, but he can’t deny the strange pull he feels toward the woman living just one floor below him. She’s the object of his darkest desires, the only puzzle he can’t solve. And when the opportunity to get closer to her arises, he breaks his own rules to offer her a deal she can’t refuse. Every monster has their weakness. She’s his. His obsession. His addiction. His only exception. ** Sweet, shy, and introverted despite her social media fame, Stella Alonso is a romantic who keeps her heart in a cage. Between her two jobs, she has little time or desire for a relationship. But when a threat from her past drives her into the arms—and house—of the most dangerous man she’s ever met, she’s tempted to let herself feel something for the first time in a long time. Because despite Christian’s cold nature, he makes her feel everything when she’s with him. Passionate. Protected. Truly wanted. Theirs is a love twisted with secrets and tainted by lies . . . and when the truths are finally revealed, they could shatter everything.

what i loved about christian the most is how adamant this delusional man was that he would never fall in love because love is a disease meanwhile his thoughts every 2 seconds are: But she can’t deny that, beneath his cool exterior, is a man who could make her melt with just a touch.Another thing I loved about the series is how connected each of the books were and how you got to see the characters in previous books grow and develop as well. It was so much fun seeing this mismatched group of people go from college friends to adults managing their success and families. The highlight was absolutely reading about Alex with his children - My heart MELTED! The slow burn was literally killing me but that’s what made this book my favorite of the series. I loved both of them from the start. Christian and Stella’s chemistry and romance are amazing. i may not have loved all of their individual books but every single twisted couple cameo here served: I wish there was more variety (?) when it comes to the personalities of the guys. Everyone except for Josh (and Rhys sometimes) was a “tough and broody” guy. They were all really dominant and possessive (personally i don’t like possessive guys,but if that rows your boat, this is a good series for that). I do wish one of guys weren’t dominant just so it was something different, but even then, the books were enjoyable.

nobody is more surprised than me that my most anticipated read from this series ended up being my least favourite mystery/suspense element - this was probably my least favourite part and hence why i took away 1 star, but the stalker reveal was super anticlimactic for me, i know how scared stella is of her stalker but some evil part of me wanted it to be christian (which he kind of was? but he gave up after a year??? where is the stamina mr harper not a good stalker are you?). The fake dating plot was fitting but there was too much going on. The stalking, the plot twist, the second plot line that came into the book at 80%, the overall social media drama. Theirs is a love twisted with secrets and tainted by lies…and when the truths are finally revealed, they could shatter everything. The fact she made videos on her tiktok saying “well it’s my books i don’t care and if you don’t like men degrading women you shouldn’t read it” but WHY ARE YOU WRITING IT?!Somehow, four strangers who had been randomly assigned to the same dorm room their freshman year of college had evolved into what we were now—a beautifully messy, perfectly imperfect family that’d gone through our share of ups and downs but made it through to the other side. Natalia was my sister by blood, but Ava, Bridget, and Jules would always be my sisters by choice.” I loved Alex and Ava’s relationship. It was so fun to see Alex slowly fall in love with Ava throughout the book. The groveling was the perfect amount. Everything was just 🤌 chef’s kiss. May have been the shortest book in the series, but it was a good one. So, the same thing I said for the other twisted women: I don’t have much to say about Stella. Because she really wasn’t a bad character. She was just so poorly written. I didnt enjoy reading about her, I didnt care about her— she had absolutely no structure or real character, whatsoever.

Love it when authors tease you with their next book’s characters. I have a few guesses on what tropes their book could have. I am going to be honest and say that Christian would not do the social media thing. He was so obsessed and possessive and "cold" that it made no sense.Twisted Lies was alright. The story of Stella and Christian was hard to follow. The ending of this story is not like the other three, and that's how I personally feel. Take breaks: It’s okay to take breaks while reading. This can help prevent burnout and allow you to digest the story better.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment