276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nikon L35AF Camera

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Some words about the shutter button: this is quite different from most other point-and-shoot cameras – it feels very “mechanical”. This is due to the fact that it’s travel is very, very long – and you are pushing a “focus indication needle” (that’s shown in the viewfinder) in place at a half-press (that feels more like a “somewhere in between”-press). That said, I wouldn’t recommend photographing anyone or anything closer than just under 1m/3’ away: the camera will claim to have what you need in focus, but it may in fact not be. The closest focus distance of L35AD2 is .7m or 2’3⅝”. Content contributor - become a part of the world’s biggest film and alternative photography community blog. All our Contributors have an ad-free experience for life.

Camera Geekery: The Nikon L35AF - Japan Camera Hunter

The self timer switch is top left of the front of the camera when looking at it. Switch it, press the button, wait a few seconds and it takes the photo… It’s a self timer, what more can you need from such a thing? I wasn’t even looking for one of these (honest) when I came across it, randomly scrolling fb marketplace I bought a bunch of untested/sold as seen cameras on a whim and lurking at the bottom of the pile was this Nikon L35AF – to the untrained eye I guess it looked like one of those throw away consumer holiday cameras that are ten a penny, but I knew better! People love the MJU II. It’s a great camera, too, but I find its photos a bit flat and boring. They’re passable, but the camera doesn’t read any of its own style into them at all. I’m an editorial photographer, so I’m not looking for a Lomography camera or something like that — my photos always have to be totally accurate.While in some ways the AF35M shows its age compared to Nikon’s L35AF, in other ways it’s the superior camera. So which camera is best for today’s retro-loving photophile? This may sound daft, but in practice this works really well – and one huge benefit over most of the other point-and-shoots is: you will never flash people by accident because you forgot to turn it off – you will most definitely notice the Pikaichi’s flash popping up (*TSCHAKKK!*) Shooting with the L35 is great, it fits in my hand like it was made for it and performs smoothly. on that note the autofocus is fast and accurate, it uses wisely the aperture to control the depth of field, granting consistent results. Ilford HP5+ @400iso developed in ID-11 Ilford HP5+ @400iso developed in ID-11 Ilford HP5+ @400iso developed in ID-11 There is quite distinct vignetting, a by-product of a lens design not really aimed at wide angle.For me though, it really adds to the look.It is not specifically strong and has a subtle graduation, but if you are looking for edge to edge constant exposure, this may not be to your taste. So, it probably didn’t surprise anyone that Nikon took their sweet time to release their first fully automatic compact camera with autofocus when the original Nikon L35AF debuted in 1983. But when they did, they didn’t screw around. That first camera had a 5-element 35mm f/2.8 Sonnar-Type lens that offered sharpness unrivaled in the compact segment at the time. The lens did not feature the Nikkor label typically associated with Nikon SLR lenses, which caused some confusion for Nikon as rumors spread that the lens was built by a third party. This was only a rumor though, as the 5-element lens was both designed and built in house. The designer of the lens was Nikon’s own Mr. Koichi Wakamiya who had designed other Nikon lenses such as the Series-E 100mm f/2.8 and UV Nikkor 105mm f/4.5S.

The Nikon L35AF: Still Brilliant After 37 Years | by Thomas

These optical issues covered, images made by the Canon are pretty damn excellent when shooting outdoors in bright sunlight. The AF35M may be a perfect 35mm point-and-shoot for a sunny vacation or a mid-summer roadtrip. Our good readers will just have to take our word on this, since during the period in which this camera was reviewed we’ve had nothing but grey skies and seven feet of snow. Sorry. Nikon has never been a company that is in a hurry to rush new products to the market. They were one of the last Japanese camera makers to release an SLR when the original Nikon F debuted in 1959, they didn’t build anything for the non-professional until the first Nikkormat in 1965, they didn’t embrace lightweight and compact bodies until the FM in 1977, and they didn’t release anything for the entry level market until the EM in 1979. The original Nikon L35AF from 1983 was Nikon’s first attempt at a fully automatic auto focus point and shoot camera.Lens: 35mm f/2.8 with autofocus from 0.8m to infinity. It had 5 elements in 4 groups. 46mm filter thread. The Nikon L35AF can only take 35 mm films. Fortunately, we are still seeing mass production in 35 mm, and with the recent resurgence of the analog industry, we are not seeing the end of film photography.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment