276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Twitching by numbers: Twenty-four years of chasing rare birds around Britain and Ireland

£12.465£24.93Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Within the world of twitching, there are countless rankings – lifetime lists, annual lists, semiofficial lists, slightly more official lists – which are predicated on evidence. One of the most infamous dips came as Webb pursued a long-tailed shrike in the Outer Hebrides off mainland Scotland. I was also surprised to find that another friend of mine was mentioned in the book a couple of times, I knew he was good but not that good! I understand it’s been retracted and rewritten, just 4 pages less than the original, not sure whether the author has understood that he needed to completely cut out the first 4 chapters entirely. Garry Bagnell is cruising down a country road in Great Yarmouth, England, when his beeper lights up with a bulletin.

Garry Bagnell - Facebook Garry Bagnell - Facebook

Following Ms McRobert's influential intervention, many others have entered the fray - most to support her viewpoint but others to counter-attack on behalf of Mr Bagnell who has mounted his own spirited self-defence. One of the fiercest rivalries, for instance, pits Bagnell’s former mentor and now nemesis, Lee Evans, against 41-year-old grocer Adrian Webb. The most unfortunate twitchers race many miles to spot a bird only to find that their flighty subjects have flown off — a bummer known in the twitching world as a “dip. And who cares that Garry Bagnell has seen 553 hen species in Britain and Eire (which places him approach behind Steve Gantlett on an estimated 590 species)? Garry is an accountant and that’s why the e-book has its title – it’s not solely the numbers of birds he has equipped however the numbers of many different issues too.

Innuendo and/or explicit images were also a mainstay of the Carry On and Confessions of movies that were popular in the 1980s and before.

Garry Bagnell – Mark Avery Twitching by Numbers by Garry Bagnell – Mark Avery

The table near the back of this book which lists the Top 10 listers in Britain and Ireland in 1987 and now (two names appear in both lists) is fascinating.In America, bird-watching is still mostly a pastime,” said Evans, who is on his fourth marriage and blames his divorces partly on his obsession with twitching. Nevertheless, as soon as you bought your head round what twitching is, you continue to would possibly surprise why folks do it.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment