276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Final Gambit: Jennifer Lynn Barnes (The Inheritance Games, 3)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

the plot was chef's kiss, although there are some things i didnt like. but THL will forever be my fav of the series Am I happy with how that happened? No. I don't want to elaborate on that further cause it will spoil. Two of the boys in particular, Grayson and Jameson, are attracting a lot of her attention and thanks to the power of DNA-testing, it's not creepy at all. Jameson…… no. I used to really like him but I can’t get behind him now. There’s something about how he acts that I really can’t stand now and he just seems so off to me? He truly annoyed me and we got far too many scenes with him in this book for my health 😕 I am so intrigued with what the truth is behind this family. I love the continuation of the use of riddles and games, as well as Avery getting the chance to team up with the brothers to solve different aspects of the mystery.

Better is being my friend and my partner and realizing that you don't get to make decisions for me. Better is the way you make me see myself as a person who's capable of anything. I would jump out of a plane with you, Jameson, snowboard down the side of a volcano with you, bet everything that I have on you--on us, against the world. You don't get to run off and take risks and expect me to stay behind in a gilded cage of your making. That isn't who you are, and it's not what I want." He also just is very complex and has many layers and is the most realistic character or most lifelike to me, and I feel like the author really didn’t spend as much time with him in this book as she should have to make him get even more depth. That being said he’s still mysterious and I adore him <3 The next day, Eve Shane—Toby’s secret daughter—unexpectedly shows up at Hawthorne House. Eve is a dead ringer for Emily Laughlin, the girl whom Jameson and Grayson have been accused of killing but who actually died because of a heart condition. Avery doesn’t want Grayson to see her because she’s afraid his fragile emotional state will be worsened by seeing someone who looks exactly like the dead girl whom he loved. I couldn’t stand that bitch Eve at all. I waited for Avery to slap the shit out of her so many times but no🙂 okay here it goes. the romance. yes this is what i want to talk about. i have a problem with how jennifer wrote the love triangle.Never thought I'd say this but Jameson Hawthorne actually matured in this one. He was the most likable one and kept the romance romantic. He got a MAJOR character development and at times it did feel a bit out of character for him. i just want to end this review talking about my gray obsession. to say he deserves better is honestly such an understatement. this man deserves more than better after EVERYTHING…are you kidding me!??😭😭 i couldn’t move. couldn’t breathe. and then jameson was on the floor with me. he brought his face level with mine and cupped my head in his hands. “fireworks,” he told me. “it’s just fireworks, heiress.” rtc soon? i really don’t know how long it’ll take me to write this review because i literally have so much to say...🥲🥲my review won’t be up today because i’m going to a halloween costume party and i need the whole day to get ready🤗 JAMESON I LOVE YOU. In the first book, I was bit iffy with him because of the way he acted but here OMG MY LOVE FOR HIM GREW SO MUCH. He's actually so sweet and caring to Avery, like some scene I was so surprised with Avery sdfsfds he's such a precious cinnamon roll. The moments between him and Avery were everything. *HOT TUB SCENE*

Avery: Avery isn’t my favourite heroine ever- there are better ones out there- but she’s still a nice character to follow! Her motivations are always reasonable, she’s pretty well-developed and it’s easy to root for her. I also feel like she went through lots of development in this sequel, which was nice to see. So, not my favourite character ever but I still like her! 😁👍 i thought how everything related to each other was cool but like it was so rushed that it was underwhelming. at this point if avery was a fairy, i would believe it -_- there was something about the way he looked at me when he said those words that made me realize i might be the one person on the planet with the ability to make grayson hawthorne question himself and the decisions he'd made. When I started this book, I was quite worried that it was going to fall into second book syndrome and end up being a big disappointment. For some reason, the enjoyment The Inheritance Games gave me felt like a one-time thing and I wasn’t sure if this book could replicate that. But I’m so glad that I was proved wrong and that The Hawthorne Legacy turned out to be even more entertaining than its predecessor! 🤩🤩😏😏 There you go! That’s what happened in The Final Gambit. We hope youenjoyed this The Final Gambit summary with spoilers.

If only that were her biggest issue though. Someone out there isn't happy with Avery's new found fortune and is willing to try anything to get her out of the picture. Permanently. In Xander’s final letter, he lays out the next puzzle: Find Tobias Hawthorne II. At first glance, it seems impossible. Everyone thinks Tobias Hawthorne II, the Hawthorne brothers’ wayward uncle, has been dead for twenty years. But if he’s dead, why does Avery remember playing chess with him? Betting him for breakfasts every other morning? Why does his name keep showing up in her past?

The Inheritance Games is a young adult novel series by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, published by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers. The series focuses on a girl named Avery Kylie Grambs, and the Hawthorne family. It currently consists of four books: The Inheritance Games [1] (2020), The Hawthorne Legacy [2] (2021), and The Final Gambit (2022). A standalone book that follows the events of the series was released on August 29, 2023, The Brothers Hawthorne. [3] OH AND HANNAH AND HARRY?? Their love is so tragic, I actually got really emotional over some of the lines😭😭Thanks for being exactly like Tobias Hawthorne miss Jennifer Lynn Barnes, you took a character everyone adores and twisted his personality into someone who's absolutely frustrating or unlovable. JLB knew that the character holds a special place in the majority of the fans' hearts but you'll find your heart breaking for him, not in a good way. JLB played us fans like pawns in her own game. This story follows Avery Grambs, who after the death of her mother, really struggled to get by. She moved in with her half-sister and was working hard just to complete high school. She dreams of a better life.

I know a lot people found THL to be super boring and no plot progression whatsoever but honestly I absolutely adored everything in this book. This is the most invested I've been for a book in literally over 3 months. The mystery was so addicting and the tension !! I'm in love and now cannot stop thinking about this book so THANK YOU JLB <33 she will always slay💅the anxiety that i had for her the ENTIRE book omg. also her relationship with libby!? they are so precious i swear🥹everything that libby did for avery was everything<3 the only slight problem i have with avery is her decisions. In the past six weeks, I’d been shot at, blown up, kidnapped, and paraded around as the living, breathing embodiment of Cinderella stories. To the world, I was a scandal, a mystery, a curiosity, a fantasy.” This was the Grayson I’d met weeks ago: dripping power and well aware that he could come out on top in any battle. He didn’t make threats, because he didn’t have to.” Omg I had such a fun time rereading this!! 💙💙 This was my favorite the first time round and after rereading it, I definitely understand why 🤩🤩 There are SO many good scenes in here- THE INTERVIEW SCENE 🤭🤭- and the mystery is just so entertaining ✨ The Grayson content in this book tho >>>>>

Personalized picks at your fingertips

Let me just tell you that there were one too many plot twist in the end and somehow everyone was related and no one was related and now I need a family tree drawn out because I am confused. You don't have to say anything. You don't have to kiss me now. You don't have to love me now, Heiress. But when you're ready... if you're ever ready, if it's going to be me--just flip that disk. Heads, I kiss you." His voice broke slightly. "Tails you kiss me. And either way, it means something." It's just another normal day for Avery Kylie Grambs when the paparazzi are chasing after you trying to get the latest scoop, murder attempts are constantly happening, and your father + the daughter of a billionaire is trying to steal your fortune. And to add on to that, you're dealing with the Hawthorne brothers im jealous. *sigh* What a life to have.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment