276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Zoo Station: The Story of Christiane F.

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Zoo Station, a memoir, succeeds by Oppenheimer’s rubric; its nonfiction approach delivers the familiar narrative of a teen’s progression from “gateway” to “cooler” hardcore drugs without a trace of triteness. To make the most value-free assessment possible, Zest’s editorial and marketing decisions assume that today’s young adult readers are just as if not moresophisticated than the parents of Christiane’s generation. The book is special for so many reasons. It is based on a real-life experience of young Christiane F who struggled with drug addiction most of her teenage years, it gives an extra layer of authenticity. What is more the story is brutally honest, the author does not shy away from the harsh and brutal realities of her obsession, prostitution and how far she was willing to go to feed her awful habit. “Zoo Station” also offers an insight into the youth culture of 1970s West Berlin. She describes the popularity of drugs, the influence of music and subcultures on young people. It shows how many of them were involved in hard drugs, and their sacrifice they were willing to take to get them, no matter of the consequences. The pressure got too much, and all teachers and other grown ups could do was tell them that once they get into the “real world” they are just a number, they should have it better than the previous generation. It is almost hilarious to see how they blindly they spoke and acted. Gli chiesi: «Ma perché t’ha preso così la fissa del valium?». Lui ripetè che voleva assolutamente tornare indietro. Appena lo guardai più attentamente ebbi un lampo: le sue mani tremavano. Stava quasi a rota. Uram când oamenii vorbeau de parcă ar fi vrut să mă salveze… Și în tot acest timp ei știau foarte bine că erau acolo doar pentru a privi de sus la mizeria noastră, la mizeria dependenților, pentru a-și satisface propriile dorințe”

Povestea Christianei e foarte dură, de neimaginat, dar mărturisirea sa e și foarte reală, am fost alături de ea, pe parcursul fiecărei trăiri; încă nu îmi vine să cred că sunt copiii care trec prin lucrurile acestea și rămân neobservați, neajutorați.. am încercat să nu-i judec pe părinții săi, sau să nu fac comparații cu felul în care eu am crescut, dar a fost destul de greu. When I got to school all I could do was daydream about Detlef and me going someplace far, far away. And that afternoon, when I met Detlef at the station, I told him about what I wanted to do. He said that he had an aunt and uncle in Canada. They lived on a huge lake with nothing but forests and cornfields around them, and he was sure they would take us in. He said I should finish school first, though, since that would be the smart thing to do. He would go ahead first and find a job (apparently they had lots of jobs available in Canada), and when I followed after him a bit later, he would have already found a log cabin for us to live in together. Stare a rota» viene dalla ruota della tortura ed è quello che succede ai vecchi bucomani come manifestazione della crisi di astinenza che si ha quando passa l’effetto della pera.Alcuni libri li identifico con i colori e, per me, questo libro è sempre stato grigio. Grigio come il cielo di Berlino di quegli anni, grigio come i palazzi e la stazione che fanno da sfondo alla storia, dove i quattordicenni degli anni 70 si prostituivano per una dose d'eroina, grigio come la pelle di quei ragazzi che si buttavano via per pochi attimi di sballo. In 1979, the Stern publishing house published a book based on the interviews, Wir Kinder vom Bahnhof Zoo. The book chronicles Felscherinow's life from 1975 to 1978, between the ages of 12 and 15 years, and depicts several of Felscherinow's friends, along with other drug users, as well as scenes from typical locations of the Berlin drug scene at the time. The narrative of the book is in the first person, from Felscherinow's viewpoint, but was written by the journalists functioning as ghostwriters. [3] Others, such as Felscherinow's mother and various people who witnessed the escalating drug situation in Berlin at the time, also contributed to the book.

Das ist das, was mich traurig macht. Die Thematik und die Art und Weise wie mit der Person dahinter umgegangen wird. Sie hat das Thema sehr gut geschildert und gut erzählt. Was aus diesem Coming out geworden ist und wie die Menschheit mit ihr umgeht find ich nicht ok. All the reasons why the book is special are also advantages of it. While “Zoo Station” is unquestionably a powerful memoir, it can be problematic for some readers due to its graphic description of drug use, prostitution and overall Christiane F’s experiences. Some people may find the content disturbing. It also can be triggering for individuals who have struggled with addiction or had a traumatic experience relating to drug abuse. Il dato anagrafico mi ha sconcertato. Quando vidi il film in tv ero più o meno coetaneo della protagonista, ma non me ne resi conto, mi sembrò che lei e i suoi amici fossero dei giovani adulti, perché un tredicenne (o forse solo io tredicenne?) ritiene adulti tutti coloro che sembrino maggiorenni. Zoo Station is a book with a strong commitment to honesty—even if honesty is boring. Chasing Christiane as she repeatedly chases her fix, shoots up, recovers, and relapses is often discouraging to the point of boredom, but it treats the drug problem in the terms that Jürgen Quandt, the director of a local protestant youth outreach center, is happy to see Berliners embracing: “as it really exists, instead of how we’d like to imagine it.”A quei tempi fece parecchia presa sulla me adolescente, dandomi la giusta dose di timore, tanto che ripetevo in loop nella mia mente, che mai e poi mai avrei ceduto al richiamo delle droghe; oggi rileggendo qualche pagina, prima di passarlo a mia figlia, mi ha suscitato ansia, quell'ansia da genitrice che teme le amicizie sbagliate, teme il senso di insoddisfazione perenne dei ragazzi di oggi e che potrebbero essere tentati. Lccn 2012936083 Ocr tesseract 5.0.0-rc2-1-gf788 Ocr_detected_lang en Ocr_detected_lang_conf 1.0000 Ocr_detected_script Latin Ocr_detected_script_conf 0.9793 Ocr_module_version 0.0.14 Ocr_parameters -l eng Old_pallet IA-WL-0000200 Openlibrary_edition The David Bowie concert featured in the film actually took place in New York City, with only some of the crew and cast attending, because at the time Bowie was performing on Broadway several nights a week and could not shoot in Berlin. The close-up shots of Bowie were from this New York performance, whereas the mass audience scenes were from an AC/DC concert in Germany. The two were spliced together to seem as one event.

It was no surprise to see some of my classmates showing up for Latin class smelling like booze and meeting friends of friends that were so high all they could do was shout “moonface” at everyone. This book is a literal masterpiece. I watched the movie ‘Christiane F.’ Which heavily influenced me to read the book to understand her story on a deeper level. The movie genuinely did not do this book justice. Don’t get me wrong; the movie is FANTASTIC, but there were so many things that were stated in the book that were never brought up in the film. I can honestly say that the book was a million times better than the film. You see so much more depth between the mother and Christiane in the book rather than the film. In the film, when the mother finds out about her heroin addiction; she is never shown or really spoken of again. Yet in the book, the mother tries over and over to help her daughter.Once the film was released [in 1981], I didn’t know what was going on. Everywhere I went, there was my face on the poster. I felt so exposed. Later, I left for London to go to boarding school, then I moved to Paris. Forty years on, I still meet people who say: “Oh, you were that girl? It’s so great you don’t take drugs any more.” strugatsky (14 February 2010). "Sentimentale Jugend - Wollt ihr die totale befriedigung" (Audio upload). YouTube. Google, Inc. Archived from the original on 12 December 2021 . Retrieved 13 July 2013. Overall, I sympathized with the narrator’s struggles, made me extremely thankful for life I have now. I only wish I had read it sooner. I would definitely recommend it to everyone, although I have yet to find an English copy. Ich kann das so oft lesen, wie ich möchte, ich gewöhn mich offensichtlich nicht an ihre Geschichte. urn:lcp:zoostationamemoi0000fchr:epub:f0c20d8b-e226-4437-b05b-6350d8a0b4f8 Foldoutcount 0 Identifier zoostationamemoi0000fchr Identifier-ark ark:/13960/s219tzbm1zb Invoice 1652 Isbn 9781936976225

Richard Metzger (4 July 2013). "Heroin Chic: Christiane F., Teenage Junkie, Prostitute, Style Icon". Dangerous Minds . Retrieved 13 July 2013. Was mich hierbei beschäftigt ist die Person die dahinter steht. Auf der einen Seite ist natürlich jeder dankbar, dass sie einem das alles so schamlos in einem Buch präsentiert. Mir schnürts immer noch den Hals zu und es macht mich alles immer noch so wahnsinnig nachdenklich und traurig. West Germany: Christiane F. Teen-age heroine in Berlin". Time. 4 May 1981. Archived from the original on 29 October 2007 . Retrieved 8 September 2013.At first all I could think was: "shit." My throat was dry and I felt like I was going to puke. I couldn’t understand how Atze could have overdosed. Atze, of all people—the popular guy, who knew exactly how to handle his heroin. I didn’t want to let my mom see how upset it all made me. She had no idea that I was using again. So I took the paper and went to my room. Aber auf der anderen Seite schreibt sie jeder als kleines dummes Mädchen ab dass sich nicht unter Kontrolle hat. Das klassische Buch in der Schule. Das Buch, dass dich mit dem Thema Drogen aufklären soll. Ja sicher. Gut geschrieben. Sicher so geschrieben dass man danach sagt: Drogen sind nicht gut.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment