276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Coleman Premium Powerhouse Dual Fuel Lantern

£3£6Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Much of what was said about Coleman fuel/white gas can be said about kerosene in terms of the safety and health of humans and the environment. However, there are a couple of additional things you need to know: White gas is highly flammable. Unless you intend on using it for that purpose, store it with caution. Do not leave it near other heat sources and especially not near you when you are not using it.

Even though it seems like there could be very few things wrong with unleaded gas because many people use it frequently, it has its downsides for several different reasons. Let’s get into why it could be a good choice and how it could potentially be something that just is not right for you. The total run time you get from your lantern is directly related to the brightness level used. The darker the brightness setting, the longer the run time. When choosing a lantern, try to select one that has enough run time to meet your intended activity or situation. You may even want to overestimate the required run time to ensure you are not left in the dark. More and more people every year are deciding to use electric cars or bikes over cars that run on gasoline. This is because the emissions put out from this gas are far from environmentally friendly. If you are someone who is very conscious of that sort of thing, go with white gas instead. It’s one of the best gas lanterns on the market but it ended up with a low rank in our Top 10 list.Camping and hiking is a lot of fun, but without light and a good camping chair, a night in the wood becomes pretty boring. For years, a gas camping lantern or a fuel camping lantern was the defacto standard in camping lighting, but the advent of powerful LED lights replaced them. Any fuel you consider buying has its own health and safety issues if not used or handled properly. Here are the main warnings that you should keep in mind when using Coleman fuel or white gas to power your camping lantern or stove:

Gasoline is highly flammable. It’s important that you store it properly. If you are a smoker, remember to light up far away from this fuel. If you understand how to operate any Coleman pump style stove or lantern you will have no problem operating this lantern. And the potential for saving money on fuel is substantial. I highly recomend it. When I first received my new lantern I tested it out at home using unleaded automotive fuel. Mantle setup and pumping are just like all other Coleman lanterns regardless of vintage. To light, I set the valve at low to ignite the mantles and allowed the generator to warm for around 20 seconds. (If… Full review

Kerosene is a risk to the environment at large; it is not concentrated on aquatic life, but other life as well. It has one of the highest heat output levels of any of these with propane coming in dead last if you are camping during winter. Only use it in well-ventilated areas, like you would with any other fuel. Prolonged inhalation has adverse reactions.

Prolonged exposure on the skin and repeated inhalation over a long period of time may cause organ failure or blood cancer. Never use it in enclosed spaces. The white gas can make you dizzy or faint. Prolonged exposure can irritate your respiratory system and make breathing difficult. Make the choice that is best for your needs, your safety, and your situation. For instance, those of you with children may want to use propane canisters because the fuel is not as easy to ingest as standard gasoline from a can is. Tailor your products to what makes for the best trip, and go have fun! Related ArticlesDon’t underestimate this – I know many people who were surprised by how much influence the temperature of the light has on the atmosphere, and that’s where a nostalgic light system like a gas or liquid fuel camping lantern can really shine! Gas and fuel camping lantern mantles will age and break eventually This fuel also only lasts for a few months, and if you store it in direct sunlight, it degrades faster. It is not a clean fuel like white gas is; this means that kerosene is worse for your health if you breathe it in for an extended period of time.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment