276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Monk's Guide to Happiness: Meditation in the 21st century

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Not sure I will listen to / read the whole book again but I will possibly dip in if / when I ever feel inspired to do so, glad I’ve read the book though. The word “practicing” bears emphasizing here, because there’s no reason to develop a skill we don’t use in our everyday lives! Don't go expecting unicorns and rainbows from this book, however what you will get is some great down to earth guidance from a man who can relate to the problems we face in our everyday lives because he was once there too. Meditation is more than just a stress-reduction tool or a relaxation therapy, it is the key to finding long-lasting happiness.

Meditation exercises can help us develop this skill, but to fully tap into its power, we need to integrate it into our everyday lives. Dôkladne o nich premýšľajte - prechádzajte jednu po druhej - a skúmajte, prečo ste, alebo by ste mohli byť, za ne vďační. But as we evolve we give ourselves more opportunity and excuses to be distracted, anxious, threatened and angry with the various thoughts and actions that accompany such feelings. If you think you're doing it right, I bet you'll be able to pick up at least one useful tip from reading this book.Podobne ako mnohí z nás sa nazdával, že šťastie je čosi, čo musí prísť zvonku, akýsi stimul, ktorý nás podnieti k ďalšiemu napredovaniu, pričom prakticky nikdy nedosiahneme celkové uspokojenie. He's taught everywhere from law firms and banks to schools and prisons; he will teach you how to choose happiness and mental calm.

Pri pojme meditácia som si vždy predstavoval polohu v tureckom sede a snahu vytesniť z mysle všetky myšlienky. Gelong Thubten is shining a light on the positive and ameliorating effects of meditation whilst also debunking and explaining the classic misinterpretation of the practice. Gelong Thubten is sharing his wisdom and encourages the reader to consider a more open, more relaxed mind that may improve mental health and maybe even affect your health in general for the better.A Monk’s Guide to Happiness explores the nature of happiness and helps bust the myth that our lives and minds are too busy for meditation. The moment I picked up Gelong Thubten’s A Monk’s Guide To Happiness, with its calming blue cover embossed with golden clouds representing our many thoughts, I knew I was in for captivating and alleviating read. Thubten has 25 years experience with meditation, using it as an advantage to see the world and its many interactions in new and interesting ways. Put into perspective, if we haven't gently trained our mind to be aware in the present moment, all these other things are more or less escapist in nature.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment