276°
Posted 20 hours ago

ZTE MU5001, 5G/CAT20 Unlocked, Portable Low Cost WiFi 6 Hotspot, Connect 32 Devices, 4500mAh Battery with Quick Charge, UK Spec, with FREE 5G SMARTY Sim Card – Black

£149.5£299.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is the only 5G mobile broadband option on Vodafone, though there are slower 4G options, or if you’re after home broadband there’s the Vodafone GigaCube 5G, which supports up to 64 simultaneous connections and has two Ethernet ports, but requires mains power.

When this is complete you can simply connect the SMA cables to the router like this (example below). For Netgear routers, you will need to use the SMA to TS9 connectors that come with every Maxview 4G/5G antenna: The Vodafone deal was an amazing bargain. You’d struggle to buy a basic 4G hotspot for this price, and the performance difference is considerable, both from the mobile data and WiFi 6. With the device powered up, setting it up is reasonably simple using the touch screen. The hotspot automatically recognises the SIM, and there were no APN settings to input. With high speeds, good battery life and plenty of simultaneous connections, this has all that most users should need, while the touchscreen is just the icing on the cake. Why should you have to go without your 5G network when travelling? With the ZTE MU5001, you always have the latest mobile communications standard with you and can surf your own WLAN network at up to 1800 Mbit. End devices such as notebooks can be connected to the ZTE MU5001 via the RJ-45 network connection using a LAN cable. The router also offers a USB-C connection for connecting additional devices. If you want to increase the reception even further, the ZTE MU5001 offers the option of connecting an external 5G or LTE antenna to the two TS-9 interfaces.In short: it’s definitely a strong option, with good battery life and competitive specs, but the competition is fierce, so it’s worth reading this review in full and considering the alternatives too. Design That 5G support is arguably the highlight, as it means connected devices can get fibre-like speeds of potentially well over 100Mbps (as long as you’re in an area with 5G coverage). Your ZTE router isn’t giving you the speeds or reliability you need for browsing, navigating, and social media.

Assuming you’re after a 5G mobile broadband device though then the main alternative is the EE 5G WiFi. And then there’s that 2.4-inch screen we mentioned. With a 320 x 240 resolution it’s crisp and clear, and it’s a colour touchscreen, so you can tweak settings as well as viewing the ZTE MU5001 5G’s status and data use. In this article, find out whether a ZTE external antenna is the right option for your vehicle, which external antenna you can use, and which ZTE routers are compatible. Should you connect an external antenna to your ZTE router? So at the very least that means the Vodafone 5G Mobile Hotspot is future proofed. The device also supports Wi-Fi 6, and dual-band 2.4GHz and 5GHz 802.11b/g/n/ac/ax Wi-Fi. Features and software With the ZTE MU5001, up to 30 devices can be supplied with Internet. The modem function can also be used via the USB-C port, but the special feature is the integrated RJ-45 connection. This is a major advantage of the ZTE MU5001 over other mobile routers.As noted above, Vodafone’s results were 105.2Mbps and 107.4Mbps for average and median respectively. That’s not bad though, still topping O2, which achieved an average of 92.3Mbps and a median of 71Mbps in those tests. Plans

I am James, a UK-based tech enthusiast and the creative mind behind Mighty Gadget, which I’ve proudly run since 2007. Passionate about all things technology, my expertise spans from computers and networking, to mobile, wearables, and smart home devices. For example, if you have a 5G-ready router and 5G networks are available, our antenna will enhance the 5G signal to give you a stronger, faster connection. If your router only works with 4G and 3G networks, or there are no 5G networks nearby, the Maxview external antenna will locate and connect to the next best network option. If your router model isn’t listed here, please get in touch with our support team. They can advise you if your router will work with our external antenna. What type of external antenna connector is on the ZTE MC801A?

Which ZTE routers work with Maxview’s external antenna?

Adjust internal antennas — Move the antennas that are built into your router to optimise for signal strength. Where this has the edge over some mobile broadband devices is the addition of a touchscreen that you can interact with, further simplifying its configuration. Performance and speeds If you already have a ZTE router in your caravan or motorhome, you’ll want to get the best possible signal strengths when connecting to 3G, 4G, and 5G networks. Often, the best way to improve your 4G and 5G signal is to add an external antenna to your ZTE router setup. I am not able to get 5G in my office, so most of my testing was done on 4G. I have also compared speeds with my Pixel 6 phone and the Netgear NBK752 Orbi 5G WiFi 6 Mesh System

To confirm - this is not a "data SIM" (or Mobile Broadband) but a "phone SIM". Is this an issue? I know that EE limits you to 12 tethered devices, but wasn't there that Ofcom thing which meant that the SIMs should be device agnostic? Surely I should at least be able to get a connection? And as mentioned above there’s a 2.4-inch 320 x 240 colour touchscreen, which is a handy way to keep on eye on the data use, battery life, signal strength and more. Please note that one reader has commented stating that Vodafone is now selling these without an Ethernet port. It is the same device, just a slightly different variant. However, they have confirmed you can get a wired connection using USB-C (but I am unsure if a USB-C to Ethernet adaptor will work).The Vodafone 5G Mobile Hotspot is one of a couple of 5G mobile broadband devices available on UK networks, and the only one available on Vodafone at the time of writing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment