276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Now That's What I Call Music! 56

£5.145£10.29Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Along with this omission, we also were missing hits by American Idol winner Kelly Clarkson with her debut single Miss Independent. Westlife – Hey Whatever (Westlife seemed to appear from time to time, but I think they probably got a special deal to have Uptown Girl on Now 50 and then the licensing issues were resolved by the next time they appeared. Tracks with an asterisk (*) next to their title have also been included in special releases from the series.

Other highlights include "Mad World" by Michael Andrews, "Rock Your Body" by Justin Timberlake and "Are You Ready for Love" by Elton John. It's not unfair to say both this and the next volume really bought the series back up to the level of quality and consistency we saw on Now 44. I haven't played myself for 20+ years but the tone of the guitar was so sweet and the action so easy to play that I couldn't resist. So here we have stinkers (Sophie Ellis-Bextor, DSide, Phixx) and some pretty good stompers (S Club 8, Emma, Ultrabeat, Louise) and then the OK crowd (Girls Aloud, Atomic Kitten).

My other favourites include Where Is The Love, Sweet Dreams My LA Ex, Slow, Crazy In Love, Hole In The Head, Superstar, Pretty Green Eyes, Mixed Up World, Something Beautiful (I know people don't have a lot of time for this but it's got a quirky singalong charm. Really strong volume with very little filler - and a lot of my favourite pop singles of the decade on it to boot.

The rival Hits series, which by this time was up to Hits 57, was nearing it's end when less label politics would come into effect. Justin Timberlake - Rock Your Body: Great disco inspired track, though it should have been on Now 55 as it was a hit in May/June. The only bad part is that some of the songs on here could have been updated by newer, more recent hits.My daughter was pleased with it and has asked me to keep a look out for a few others that she is missing from her collection.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment