276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Eckman Lightweight 9ft 2¼in Long Reach Telescopic Hedge Trimmer

£74.995£149.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Interchangeable attachments: Hedge Trimmer, Chainsaw/Branch Lopper and Brush Cutter & Double Bump-Feed Grass Trimmer Set A selection of easy-to-fit attachments areincluded with the main power unit - Hedge Trimmer, Chainsaw/Branch Lopper and a Brush Cutter & Double Bump-Feed Grass Trimmer Set. Fit the short-reach handle and you’ve got a perfect 'standard' hedge trimmer for normal sized hedges, bushes, shrubs and even delicate topiary work.

I replied saying I would never buy anything from them again and would urge others to do the same. Sending this review is at least one way to warn against this company’s after sales service. All of this, together with the generous 10-metre power lead that is supplied, means this trimmer is ideal for cutting hedges of almost any height and at any angle without the twisting, stooping and bending or wobbling on ladders that you’d normally have with traditional inferior hedge trimmers. It comes with a 450W angle-adjustable hedge trimmerwhich features pro-quality 45cm/17½” reciprocating blades that makes light work of the tallest, toughest hedges (max cut ½”).

A balanced full crankshaft and twin bearing engine ensures smooth, vibration-free running, from idle to full-torque power at 6500rpm. The easy-start air-cooled 31cc/0.8kW 4-stroke power unithas been engineered to give years of trouble-free use, is fully safety tested and approved to the latest European standards. What particularly annoyed me is the way they simply refused to get involved or give me any practical help regarding their own product.

The mains-powered 500W angle-adjustable trimmer head features an extra-long20½” (52cm) razor-sharp reciprocating blades that can cut through stems up to ½” in diameter at 1600rpm. The 4-stroke engine is quiet and as there is no oil to mix with the petrol, there is less pollution than 2-stroke engines. A full tank of petrol will provide up to 40 minutes continuous use The extremely strong, lightweight telescopic aluminium pole extends the reach from 2.33m/7ft 6” to an incredible 3.25m/10ft 6” and each attachment can be fitted to the pole in a matter of seconds -without the need for any tools. The hedge trimmer comes supplied with double safety switching, low vibration and double fixing and a padded shoulder strap to evenly distribute the weight across your body whilst also providing extra comfort and greater control. You only need to use these products a few times a year so it was certainly not overworked when I turned it on in early October 2023, only to find it didn’t start. There is no helpful manual to turn to, so I started testing the electricity supply. In the end I was disappointed, but not surprised, to discover that the switch was not working, just like the first one.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment