276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Because of You: The beautifully uplifting Richard & Judy bestseller

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Julius the politician appears to be without a humane bone in his body (I guess Trump proved that is actually possible but it just didn’t stack up with Julius). Dawn French handles the story with warmth and somehow even though a wrong has been done, the leading female characters feel so credible that you really care about them. I only finished it because it wasn't taking up my physical book reading time, and I wanted to have full thoughts in my journey to read the Women's Prize longlist picks.

Anna Lindon-Clarke, the other mother at the hospital, is left a broken woman, she can't forget her daughter, Florence, so desperately wanted, particularly as her husband, the black Tory MP, Julius, a serial philanderer, has proved to be such a utter disappointment. Hope and Minnie, a happy, bright and joyful girl, have an unbreakable bond, with their own secret codes and Wawa. I loved it all -- Marian Keyes, Bestselling Author of ― The Break --This text refers to the hardcover edition. Anna Lindon-Clarke and her black Tory MP husband Julius have just become first-time parents to Florence while in a room just. The start of a new Millennium – 1st of January 2000 – sees two couples in hospital in London, both in the throes of giving birth.She explores the mother-daughter relationship with expert skill, the sacrifices made, and her characterisations of the towering Hope, Minnie and Anna had me totally invested in them, not to mention Quiet Isaac with his love and yearly letters. This is a fabulously entertaining and immersive read, of family, love, loss, grief, forgiveness and such courage and bravery that it left me breathless. I like the fact that the Women’s Prize consider all books, literary and storytelling, for the accolade. She is best-known for starring in and writing her comedy sketch show, French and Saunders, alongside her comedy partner Jennifer Saunders, and for playing the lead role of Geraldine Granger in the sitcom The Vicar of Dibley.

You can feel the devastation of the mother who has lost everything, balanced against the mother who has it all - the longed for child, even if their circumstances are not all they would wish them to be. Dawn’s first three novels, A Tiny Bit Marvellous, Oh Dear Silvia and According to Yes are all Sunday Times bestsellers. Hope kidnaps Anna's newborn baby; and the story continues, telling how Hope raises Minnie, the daughter, and of the 'extraordinary' bond. I had seen so many good reviews of this, I couldn’t pass this by, especially as it was narrated by Dawn French. As the old millennium turns into the new, two very different women give birth to two very similar daughters.Major TW for stillbirth/infant loss (that’s not a spoiler as it’s part of the premise) and other upsetting things I won’t say as they’d spoil it. But above all, the idea that you could ever forgive someone for stealing your baby and causing you pain and worry every day for 18 years is just unbelievable and in my opinion, offensive.

Bottom line here is, the author stripped the story of all complexity by manipulating her characters in a way that fit her agenda.

I did wonder how Hope managed to conceal her daughter from the authorities for so long, yes she moved area’s but even if she didn’t have to take her to the doctors, what about school? Sort of - the book isn't entirely adrift from the crime genre, and when you read it you will understand why. even though him feeling a true, deep need be a father is the reason he doesn’t turn his girlfriend in.

The story begins as two women, Hope and Anna, arrive at the same hospital at the same time, both about to give birth to their first child.Dawn French said in her interview that she wanted to explore the themes of nature vs nurture and loss. The intensity of the crisis would be incredibly hard to manage for everyone involved – and especially for Minnie; and to be honest a quick cuppa and apology really don’t cut it. This is a good job, otherwise they may ask questions such as what happened to the dead baby which is presumably still unclaimed in the hospital at this point ! I’d like to ask her if letter writing features regularly in her real life, but I guess the opportunity to do so isn’t likely to arise!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment