276°
Posted 20 hours ago

A Wife's Courage: The BRAND NEW Battersea saga for 2023

£3.995£7.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The Sunday Times bestseller is back in a gritty family drama, perfect for fans of Nadine Dorries and Dilly Court. Happy at last, Jenny begins a new life with him, but when tragedy strikes, she's left to pick up the pieces of both her broken home - and her broken heart. Then came the divorce, followed by a number of years during which Kitty struggled to survive as a single mother. It's hard to know what the future holds as a single mum, especially when she was treated so badly by Martha's dad. For a while she feels loved, but when the police show up at their door Jenny realises that her marriage is not what it seemed.

Even though Kitty knew that she enjoyed telling stories, it wasn’t until she arrived at Tennyson Street Secondary school that the notion of pursuing a career in writing and publishing finally took root in her mind. Alone in the world, the two of them must make a life for themselves in the wake of the terrible upbring. But when tragedy strikes, it will be up to Maureen to find the strength she didn't know she possessed. In the meantime, his ex wife Pearl Button has divorced him and remarried, determined to protect her son from knowing who his real father is.

With bombs raining over London, keeping the Battersea Tavern open is no easy feat for owner Winnie Berry - but the community need the warmth and familiarity of the pub more than ever. Alone in the world, the two of them must make a life for themselves in the wake of the terrible upbringing they have endured. Local bobby and old friend Tommy is happy to lend a listening ear but does he want to be something more to Win too? When their marriage is upended, Jennifer must go on a journey with a young woman she just met to discover a truth that might be too much for either of them to bear.

Emma is thankful when he eventually abandons her - until she realises she is again penniless and in peril. She was always working so hard to earn her parent’s love and attention but nothing she did felt like it was ever enough. After joining other bereaved parents in a support group, Kitty was inspired to take up writing and her books have been Sunday Times bestsellers. I was raised in South London, the streets my playground, and this working class area became the inspiration for my novels.

After working for two years with other bereaved parents in a support group, I took up writing and my first novel, A Cuckoo in Candle Lane, was born. In the 1980s she moved to Surrey with her husband and two children, but in 1998 there was a catalyst in her life when her son died, aged just 27. The author does not know if she would have ever pursued her writing dreams if tragedy hadn’t come into her life.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment