276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Nelson's Timur Gin, 70cl, 41% ABV

£12.995£25.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Speaking about the team up, Michel said: "I’m extremely honoured to have worked with Nelson’s Distillery to create an ultra-premium gin that we will be proud to serve at our restaurants. Timur has always been a relatively unknown ingredient, we’re the only known gin distiller that uses it as a key flavour. When we saw it used in a recipe on Saturday Kitchen we just had to send them a bottle (or two).

Harrison said of the partnership: “This is a landmark moment for us as a business and I’m incredibly proud to work so closely with Michel on the Le Gavroche Gin.It’s been an absolute honour to work alongside Matt, our tastes are very similar… the bigger the bolder the flavour the better. This gin is certainly that! It was blended together by Michel and Nelson's founder and master distiller Neil Harrison - who is also a former chef.

At the heart of the experience is the Gin & Vodka School, where participants engage in an interactive and educational journey. Under expert guidance, guests learn about the intricacies of distilling, taste a curated selection of Nelson’s signature spirits, and even create their own bespoke gin or vodka blend using an individual mini copper still. This hands-on approach allows visitors to develop a deep appreciation for the expertise and passion that goes into crafting high-quality spirits.

THE GIN TO MY TONIC THOUGHTS

In 2021 Michel Roux Jr. partnered with Staffordshire distiller, Nelson’s Distillery & School to create the pouring gin for his famous fine dining restaurant - Le Gavroche, based on Upper Brook Street, Mayfair, London. Today, Staffordshire-based Nelson's Gin has officially launched its latest blend; the world's first Timur Gin. It was fantastic to welcome Michel to the Nelson’s Distillery and we have spent quite some time perfecting the Le Gavroche Gin, experimenting with flavour combinations and ensuring we produce the best gin we possibly could.” Roux said of the collaboration: “I was seeking a premium craft gin partner to work with on this product and, by chance, I got to sample Nelson’s unique Timur Gin made from a Szechuan pepper only found in Nepal. I was seeking a premium craft gin partner to work with on this product and, by chance, I got to sample Nelson's unique Timur Gin made from a Szechuan pepper only found in Nepal.

The distillery itself is a state-of-the-art facility that produces a range of artisanal gins and vodkas, showcasing exceptional craftsmanship and a dedication to quality. Visitors to Nelson’s Distillery & School are given the opportunity to tour the production facilities, learning about the rich history of gin and vodka, as well as the methods, botanicals, and techniques used to create these distinct and flavourful spirits. Roux worked alongside founder and master distiller at Nelson’s Distillery and School, Neil Harrison, also a former chef. The Masterchef star was impressed after tasting Nelson’s three-star Great British Taste Timur Gin, leading to their collaboration. A Staffordshire craft gin distillery has linked up with world renowned chef Michel Roux Jr to create a special new product.The timur pepper, which is commonly used in Nepali curries and seasonings, is described as a 'false pepper' due to the fact that it is a berry with a peppery taste. Timur has the same sharpness as a regular peppercorn but with a citrusy grapefruit flavour. Begin by rimming a short glass with coarse salt. To do this, moisten the rim of the glass with a grapefruit wedge, then dip the rim into a plate of salt, ensuring an even coating. In line with this emerging trend, Nelson's Gin has made timur the showcase botanical within it's latest product, Timur Gin​, which is the first gin of its kind on the market.

The 61-year-old and the Uttoxeter-based distiller say the new spirit is 'a unique combination of 28 botanicals and brings together floral, herbaceous and spice flavours to create the essence of Provence'. The LIVE virtual tastings are carried out in the last week of the month. Please keep an eye on our socials for confirmed dates! This mouth-watering list of gins follows on from our previous 50 best gins to try before you die list, together they make a list of the 100 best gins that every true gin lover should know and should try at least once. The new gin will also be sold through Le Gavroche and Nelson's online shops. Read More Related Articles I was seeking a premium craft gin partner to work with on this product and, by chance, I got to sample Nelson’s unique Timur Gin made from a Szechuan pepper only found in Nepal.The two-star Michelin chef has launched his Le Gavroche gin after teaming up with Nelson's Distillery & School.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment