276°
Posted 20 hours ago

But Seriously: An Autobiography

£10£20.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thanks to my daughters in large part, I now realize how important it is for young girls to have the same opportunities as boys to take part in physical activity,” he says.

John McEnroe is the voice of a masturbatory, hyper-self and his pathological ethos lends itself well to Generation Shit. I imagine that I will read any third part of JP McEnroe's life story, and just maybe a greater degree of humility and respect for others, and the realities of family life, will emerge then. What’s it like playing guitar onstage with the Rolling Stones, hitting balls with today’s greats, breaking bread with his former on-court nemeses, getting scammed by an international art dealer, and raising a big family while balancing McEnroe-sized expectations? An insightful book that shares some of the good, the bad, the ugly and the struggles of one of the greatest tennis players. By reference (in McEnroe's case) to the very visible, and audible, public figure on our screens and radios almost every day?

Quello che non si capisce è da dove gli venga tanta irruenza linguacciuta: a lui giocare piaceva, i genitori non sono stati particolarmente oppressivi, e liquida acciacchi e malanni come normale routine. McEnroe, the self-appointed 'Commissioner of Tennis,' appears nostalgic and even reflective on some of his past behavior and comments, especially when it comes to issues with his family. The beloved, controversial and respected tennis legend reveals even more from his life and career, with the signature style that has made John McEnroe the enduring cultural figure and icon he is.

As much as John explores his inner feelings, he does come off as someone incapable of viewing the world from another individual’s perspective. At first reading John Mc Enroe' s book was a little slow, and after reading a chapter a day I got it finished in two weeks. Ever since the historic 1980 Wimbledon Borg-McEnroe final, this former shy high school freshman tennis wannabe got a Mac-fueled push to actually join a sports team in high school.

In this memoir he reflects on his playing years but also on his life since, developing new careers in broadcasting and art dealing, and bringing up a large family. Tennis fans looking for more insight into the game will not be disappointed, as McEnroe rails against the sport’s elitism, the distraction of 'grunting,' strategic bathroom breaks ('totally out of hand'), and the 'annoying habit' of doubles partners opting to high-five 'after missing a shot or double faulting. In But Seriously, John McEnroe confronts his demons and reveals his struggle to reinvent himself from champion and tennis legend to father, broadcaster, and author.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment