276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Shadow Sister (The Seven Sisters, 3)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

In legend, she is always accompanied by her sister Celaeno, who is stronger and louder than her. Their close relationship really fascinated me as, squashed into the middle of their six-sister family, Star and CeCe are forced into co-dependency and develop their own special relationship. Good. That gives us time to start choosing some furniture for our new home.” CeCe came over to me and gave me a spontaneous hug. “I can’t wait to show it to you.” Three stars, and all of them for Flora. Seriously, for Flora's part, it's so worth it. She's easily the most fleshed out character from all the three books so far, and I enjoyed her chapters immensely. If this was just Flora's story, the book would get a five star rating. The historical circumstances were interesting, I actually liked the character development even in her darker moments, and I loved her spirit, independence, loyalty and zest for life. She's a tomboyish character not too fond of all things traditionally feminine, nevertheless she is caring, good-hearted and selfless. Too many books think those two things are mutually exclusive. Ten out of ten.

I watched CeCe as our food arrived and she ate hungrily, thinking that, even though we were both his daughters, his death felt like my sorrow alone, rather than ours. Actually, I was thinking I’d go alone. I mean . . .” I swallowed, steeling myself not to lose my impetus. “You’re very busy here now with the apartment and everything, and I know you have all sorts of art projects you’re eager to get going on.”blogtour Adventure Ancient Egypt Art History Australia Book Blogger Bookliterati Book Recommendation Book review Contemporary Fiction Crime Del Rey Doubleday Emmeline Kirby and Gregory Longdon Mystery Fantasy Festive Reads Florence Folklore Harper 360 Harper Collins Harper Voyager Historical Fiction History Independently Published Italy Karen Swan Literary Fiction Magic Mantle Books Melville House Murder Mystery Myth Orenda Books Pan Macmillan Penguin Random House Psychological thriller Romance Secrets Simon and Schuster Supernatural Suspense thriller Women's Fiction Zaffre Books Book title Search for: Search Search Recent Comments

She’d been on me ever since we’d been given the envelopes. She had torn hers open almost immediately afterward, expecting me to do the same. There are snippets of the Beatrix Potter story woven into Flora’s – their meeting and love of animals, a special letter and a friendship which would last for ever. The story here weaves throughout and much of what happens later is due to events in the Cumbrian hills. Kent The Seven Sisters is a story about humanity: love, family, joy, loss, fear and pain. And above all, the one gift that is more important than any other, and has kept us humans alive throughout unbearable suffering: HOPE. As often happens in dual time line stories one story captures the attention more than the other, In this case I found the more modern story far more interesting than the more historical story. Perhaps this was largely to do with liking the modern day characters more, especially Star but also Orlando, Mouse and Rory who is a sweetie. I wasn’t as enamoured learning about Flora, Mrs Keppel, Edward - the king of the time, Beatrix Potter and others. However, they are all a necessary part of the narrative. The ending is rather abrupt but that is no doubt because it leads into the next book about Cee Cee. Since I found her the most annoying character I will probably not read the next one.

Streetview Maps

Her books have been nominated for numerous awards, including the Italian Bancarella Prize, the Lovely Books Award in Germany, and the Romantic Novel of the Year Award. In 2020 she received the Dutch Platinum Award for sales over 300,000 copies for a single novel in one year – a prize last won by J. K. Rowling for Harry Potter.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment