276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Eon: 1

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

To make matters more confusing, some of the politicians kept switching allegiances or revealing their true motives even before I got to understand their original pretense, and thus fully appreciate the switch they pulled. Describes a book or dust jacket that has the complete text pages (including those with maps or plates) but may lack endpapers, half-title, etc.

I messed with it to be able to insert the read more tag where I wanted it, it would only insert after the copied text. I missed this novel back in my heyday of reading sci-fi, no idea why, so just thought that I would catch up on what is a widely respected classic.If you approach this book with that in mind, you won’t be disappointed: the worldbuilding is superb and wholly deserving all the praise it has garnered over more than three decades. I just reread my own review, and I really think it does the book justice, while also pointing at some potential problems for some readers.

They discover that the interior has been hollowed out, and is full of equipment and even has people living in it.considering Putin is literally trying to start WWIII by invading Ukraine, Everyone should read this book.

His work covered themes of galactic conflict ( Forge of God books), parallel universes ( The Way series), consciousness and cultural practices ( Queen of Angels), and accelerated evolution ( Blood Music, Darwin’s Radio, and Darwin’s Children). I mean, not only was this a human-built structure but there were actual future humans on the rock with our scientists! Computers seem able to communicate “subliminally” with humans, but Bear never goes into the nuts and bolts. I would say that all but one of the main characters we meet are NEVER instigators of major action in the plot, and we ultimately find out that ALL of the actions of the main characters is rendered moot by the out-of-left-field ending.The first half of this book is pretty compelling in a Cold-War never ended reality, where the two sides are bickering over a planetary object, 'The Stone', that has come to orbit the Earth. Granted the Soviet Union gave up on communism a few years after publication and the idea of it still existing seems to have put a few reviewers off their stride. Stephen Baxter commented that "what this book is essentially about is the conceptual breakthrough, a keystone trope of science fiction: the change of scale, the revelation of a meaning previously hidden.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment