276°
Posted 20 hours ago

AOC i1601Fwux - 16 inch FHD USB-C Powered Portable Monitor, Smart Cover, Auto Pivot, Low Blue mode, USB-C (DP Alt mode) 1920 x 1080 FHD

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Using our colorimeter, we tested the I1601FWUX at its default brightness level of 70/100. Colour temperature was around 6931K, so a little over the 6500K ideal. At no point did the I1601FWUX look particularly cool, though. Although the stand is no substitute for the kind you'd get with a non-portable desktop monitor, it's decent compared with some similar mobile-monitor stands I have encountered. Above all, it is sturdy—it didn't collapse once, unlike some other portable-monitor stands I've tried. Motion performance is fine for casual gaming. Ghosting is kept to a minimum and scenes are reasonably clear during fast camera pans or when scrolling across a map. Small details, like character names or floating hitpoint bars, seem blurry and obscured. This is typical for any 60Hz IPS monitor. In our color testing, the I1601FWUX covered just 61.4 percent of the sRGB color space (see the chromaticity chart above). The triangle represents the colors that comprise sRGB—essentially, all the colors that can be made by mixing different percentages of red, green, and blue. The white boxes show where the data points would be for a monitor that covers the full sRGB space. Seeing as the I1601FWUX works in sync with Windows 10’s native night mode, low blue mode feels a little redundant, as does overdrive mode — you’re not going to be doing any gaming on this, although you might want to watch the odd YouTube video.

AOC I1601FWUX Review | Trusted Reviews

The entire thing measures 14.9 x 9.25 x 0.3 inches and weighs 1.8 pounds (2.2 pounds with the included cover), which makes it slimmer and lighter than most tablets and significantly lighter than even most ultraportable laptops. Although it's slightly larger than the Asus ZenScreen MB16AC (14.6 x 8.9 x 0.3 inches, 2.8 pounds with cover), it's lighter and still small enough to easily slip into a laptop bag. The AOC I1601FWUX is a pretty solid performer when it comes to being a portable display. It is slim and light enough to carry around with a laptop and doesn't require an external power source. It doesn't produce the best image but it can work to get the job down for most tasks.Most display monitors will have multiple input options, including the DVI input, HDMI cord, and the VGA. This allows you to filter images from multiple devices to one display. For example, you may feed the monitor using a gaming console and a PC tower. If this is the case, you need to ensure that you have the settings correct for your monitor. Switch to the correct source. It’s great value for money for workers who need something they can sling into their bag at a moment’s notice. Just make sure you’ve invested in a laptop bag with plenty of padding. Verdict It’s also easy to shift around on your desk – if you need to feng shui things to make way for a steaming mug of coffee, or to make room for your cat that just leapt up to try to ‘help’ with your review. If your graphics card hasn’t been updated in a while, that could be the next problem. Sometimes the monitor will need to be updated, but that is very rare. Instead, your graphics card could impact the performance of your monitor. If you are seeing a blank screen, you could either need a new graphics card or you need an update. The 15.6-inch screen of the I1601FWUX is an IPS (in-plane switching) type, and as you’d expect from a monitor using this technology, viewing angles — on paper, 160 degrees at both orientations — are great. There was only mild greying and discolouration at extreme angles, which is fine. If you really wanted to work with the I1601FWUX at 90 degrees to your laptop, you could…

AOC I1601FWUX USB Type-C Portable Monitor Review - Laptop Mag

If you don’t see a message, you can assume that the montior isn’t getting power, so that is where you need to start. If you are getting a message or you see lights, then the power source isn’t the issue. This issue is most common when you have been adjusting your display settings. Thankfully, you can reset them pretty easily. Usually the monitor will reset in a few seconds, but if it doesn’t, you can restart your computer and see if that helps. Using the display on the go is not quite as simple. The slim display comes with a folding magnetic cover that does double duty as a display cover for storage and a stand for portable use. The monitor also has what AOC calls LowBlue Mode, which adjusts color temperatures on the display to reduce blue light. Certain wavelengths of blue light that are commonly produced by monitors and other glowing displays have been linked to eyestrain, insomnia and even age-related macular degeneration. Automatic color tweaks seem like a simple way to avoid some of this potential damage.With a response time of 5ms, things are generally as smooth as you’d need them to be and video is easy on the eyes. AOC took a minimalist approach to connections and controls on the I1601FWUX. On the left edge of the monitor, near the bottom, are a power button—which doubles as an onscreen display (OSD) control—and a USB-C port. Gaming isn’t a priority for the AOC I1601FWUX. It offers a standard 60Hz refresh rate and doesn’t support adaptive sync. Still, it works well enough in a pinch. AOC’s I1601FWUX is very much a plug and play device. It’s light, weighing just 0.82kg, and measures 235.2 x 376.1 x 8.3mm, so you can sling it in your laptop bag without it taking up too much room or adding much weight.

AOC I1601FWUX 15.6 inch monitor | AOC Monitors

The AOC I1601FWUK is a cheap and cheerful Full HD mini-monitor boasting great viewing angles, convenience, and portability.Despite it not being plug and play on the Windows 10 units I tried, the I1601FWUX worked instantly when plugged into a Mac. It didn't require any drivers and it just powered up and started showing an image in less than five seconds. It felt kind of weird having a secondary display, but using it for a few days, it made sense. It hasn't been a necessary part of my arsenal, but having a press release on one screen and the writing area on another or similar setup, proved very useful.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment