276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Panasonic Lumix G 20mm/F1.7 Pancake Lens

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Shooting assist functions including WFM (Wave Form Monitor), Vector Scope, Luminance Spot Meter, Zebra Pattern can be used during RAW output.

The reason the AF is mentioned so much is because that is the weakness. That's pretty much it. It's an absolute gem of a lens otherwise. If they came out with a 20mm f1.7 III with AF like the 15mm f1.7 then I think this would be a lens with zero "cons" on the review summary. Or if the 17mm f1.8 had optics like the 20mm f1.7, that would work too! Ever since the time of introduction, the LUMIX GH6 gained high attention and have been acclaimed after its release to the market not only from the conventional GH users but also from the new GH users worldwide. The GH6 is planned to “evolve” with firmware updates to further enhance its performance and usability for professional video creators, as previously announced. Not bad for "femtio öre". So I buy it all, save possibly for what you say about the comparison between the 20 and its Leica M counterparts, which I think is not that far-fetched. As you can see from the links below, the 20 on an E-M5 is roughly on a par in terms of sharpness with a Summilux 50/1.4 (or Summicron 50/2 if you want) on an M9.It's been discussed ad nauseam, so you can probably use the search tool and find plenty of opposing viewpoints if you're in a hurry (not that I'm whining about another thread on the subject, or I wouldn't be commenting). Its length is a bit greater than that of the 20, but I don't know that it makes much practical difference. I was looking for a small general lens, so I got the 14, only to be surprised the 12-32 was better in almost every way (I wasn't expecting a kit lens to be any good). Still looking for something small and fast, I got the 20 and it works for me. I carry it along with the zooms.

The image quality produced is acceptable. Itsa sharp in the center and produces little vignetting, distortion or chromatic aberrations. Contrast and color are also very crisp and vivid.The 20mm lens has been reported to suffer from banding on some Oly bodies, for reasons I haven't seen explained satisfactorily, so I've avoided it as I have both Oly and Pany bodies. I will say that the 25mm f1.7 is gaining a bit of a reputation for inconsistent AF (as in lens reporting focus but not being in focus an abnormally high percentage of the time). So I'd say that's way worse than slower but more accurate. It is possible to assign [HDMI RAW data output] function to the Fn button and users can directly turned it ON or OFF from the camera. It is a pity that comparison doesn't fix the field of view rather than the camera position - all the 20mm shots are about 15% larger as a result which complicates comparing resolved detail. I am pleased with the 17mm and pleasantly surprised with how well it copes with the sun in the frame - far better than my venerable 11-22.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment