276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Be Not Afraid of Love: Lessons on Fear, Intimacy and Connection

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

MIMI ZHU 朱希媛 on Instagram: "an excerpt from my upcoming book “be not afraid of love” that i also posted on my stories. Let people in and watch how your soul blossoms when you allow the world to see you for who you really are. Similarly, if I have a level of accountability, there's like this mutual willingness to keep trying, then I don't believe that people should be cut off that easily.

They are the author of Be Not Afraid of Love: Lessons on Fear, Intimacy, and Connection, and their work has been featured in the New York Times, PAPER, i-D, The Guardian, Printed Matter, VICE, and more.We’re told that men must save women like princes in the fairytales, but then we’re told that women must be empowered and strong and not need saving. What happens when I am no longer embarrassed of my grief, and I am surrounded by humans, plants, and animals who hold me while I cry? Dancing and celebrating, eating with and feeding queer people of color in this city has nourished me. Although Zhu has always been “very anti-binary,” they struggled for quite some time to honor the full range of emotions that came up around their tumultuous relationship with X.

Their work has been featured in The New York Times, PAPER, i-D, The Guardian, Printed Matter, VICE, and more. Death is simultaneously so simple and so complicated, and while we cannot romanticize grief as a mere celebration of life, it’s a crucial time for our deepest expressions.When we allow ourselves to be complicated, we can heal and be more centered and intentional about our actions moving forward, instead of just pushing a part of us away.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment