276°
Posted 20 hours ago

The Twig Man

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

It's been a year since nearly-twelve-year-old Ari's older sister, Lana, ran away. Except Ari knows what really happened. She was taken by the Twig Man, the creepy monster that's haunted the woods for one hundred years. No one else will listen, so it's down to Ari to save his sister. But he had better hurry, as Ari finds himself next on The Twig Man's list... About This Edition ISBN: Ari’s family is Kurdish & so we can, as adults, assume that there are some cultural aspects that show themselves in the way his family functions. I haven’t been a child for several years now but was curious about Ari’s mother’s request to meet Timmy’s parents before letting him go over & play. This is something that few parents (in my day) were doing. It would be wonderful to know that this is more commonplace today given the obvious benefits associated with placing a face to a name. On the other hand, both of Ari’s parents leave him alone at home & allow him to wander at his leisure. This is something that was more common in my day when we were less accustomed to seeing all the horrible things that circulate in this world. The Woodland Trust is a charity registered in England and Wales (No. 294344) and in Scotland (No. SC038885). A non-profit-making company limited by guarantee. Registered in England No. 1982873. We believe there’s a lot of interest amongst children for hair-raising stories that keep readers on the edge of their seats but are age appropriate. The Twig Man combines elements of the classic ghost story with themes such as friendship, family and self discovery. We think it’s going to be a big hit with young readers.”– Helen Lewis, co-director at Hashtag Press

Stickman Word Mat - Teaching Resources (teacher made) - Twinkl

A year ago Ali’s sister Lana went missing, the police believe Lana chose to leave. Ari knows his sister would never leave him behind. Ari knows that Lana often went into the woods alone. The school where Ari attends, they all talk about the Twig Man. LoveReading4Kids exists because books change lives, and buying books through LoveReading4Kids means you get to change the lives of future generations, with 25% of the cover price donated to schools in need. Join our community to get personalised book suggestions, extracts straight to your inbox, 10% off RRPs, and to change children’s lives. Armistice Day: A Collection of Remembrance - Spark Interest and Educate Children about Historical MomentsThough Ari has not had much experience with having friends, he shows the kindness his parents have given him when he meets Timmy; even when he is unsure of how to proceed he tries to default on being thoughtful & remembering that everyone is different. I really adored Ari as a character & was beyond happy that he found a forever friend in Timmy. I was just as glad to see that Timmy was given the redemption that he needed to be free of the pain within this life, that he might forgive himself for letting go of Penny’s hand when the Twig Man was consuming her. Indie publisher Hashtag Press have acquired the UK & Commonwealth rights to the middle-grade novel from literary agent Chloe Seger at Madeleine Milburn. Chloe said: “Sana’s middle-grade debut is truly spine-tingling and the kind of book kids will want to stay up late reading under the covers with a torch. I can’t wait for readers to meet Ari!” Here’s a little more of what’s to come: The Twig Man is a spine-tingling middle-grade story, perfect for Halloween. Yes, it's a middle-grade, but I'm a middle-aged mum of two and still found this story creepy, gripping and oozing in atmosphere. This was an interesting story about a Ari whose sister went missing about a year ago and his parents and everyone else thinks that she ran away. Ari doesn't think that is what happened but nobody will listen to him. His parents are very strict with him because of what happened with his sister and he is tired of it and wants to find out what happened to his sister.

The Twig Man by Sana Rasoul | Waterstones

Oh wow, what an incredibly creepy, scary and oh so brilliant children’s book! Ari’s sister Lana disappeared a year ago and has never been seen since. Although Ari’s parents believe she ran away, he knows that she didn’t. What’s more he believes that the Twig Man, a terrifying creatures that lurks in the woods outside his house, took her and now the Twig Man is after him too.

Find a Scheme of Work

Those details aside, I found the characters themselves to be interesting representations of what we may view as familiar entities within our own world. The maternal character in this book is the prime example of what it means to have one’s emotions dictate their approach to life & I appreciated this inclusion. There is a great deal to be said about the parenting style that is adopted throughout this book & I would be remiss if I didn’t say that it made me feel incredibly overwhelmed. This is where further world-building might come into play. This story is just spooky enough to make your skin crawl but not have you hiding behind the sofa. It is creepy, mysterious and slightly scary but it is completely suitable for its intended age group. I enjoyed this spooky story too.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment