276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bring On The Empty Horses

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Personally, I wish there had been more about the filming of THE MOON IS BLUE (1953) and PLEASE DON'T EAT THE DAISIES (1960, of which not a word is said). I hope they went to someone who appreciated them, and that they brought as much enjoyment to them as they did to me and my sister-in-law. All of our books are 100% brand new, unread and purchased directly from the publishers in bulk allowing us to pass the huge savings on to you! But they did feel rather disconnected, especially the segments at the end that went for just a few pages each, again and again. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average.

All of these people, and many more, played an intricate part in David Niven's life and became lifelong friends.He and Errol Flynn were filming The Charge of the Light Brigade for a director, Michael Curtiz, 'whose Hungarian-orientated English was a joy to us all'.

I think he is more honest and forthcoming about the people who had already passed and is less truthful about anyone who was still living or who had widows still living in 1975.He depicts the heartbreaks, the dreams and eccentricities of various characters and manages to cast a very human eye on their stories.

At Books2Door, we believe that reading is a fundamental skill that every child should have to help improve their vocabulary, grammar, and critical thinking skills. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and miss all those fabulous old movies and those shining stars who made them. A big name-dropping bitch of a book written with a wit as sharp as a dagger - and more than one famous personality gets it right between the shoulder blades . When asked which biography/memoir I best prefer, I am unable to hold back my admiration of David Niven's work here in Bring on the Empty Horses. Niven later appeared in The Elusive Pimpernel (1950), The Toast of New Orleans (1950), Happy Go Lovely (1951), Happy Ever After (1954) and Carrington V.Some of the impact/charm of the writing is lost by the fact that these stories don't actually all belong to Niven, despite his use of the first-person throughout. BRING ON THE EMPTY HORSES is the second part of David Niven's internationally bestselling autobiography, following the superbly entertaining THE MOON'S A BALLOON. It is surprising really as I am not a fan of David Niven and did not know a great deal about him prior to reading this book. Here we learn that the "Goldwynisms" that Samuel Goldwyn is so famous for might have all been made-up. i definitely have the feeling of being let in on the secrets of old hollywood whenever i read it, though i do tend to skip past the sections about "missy" a pseudonymous starlet that niven uses to highlight the frailty of a star like marilyn monroe, or judy garland because i'm very familiar with it now, and it's a strange little narrative in the midst of a most fascinating memoir of the golden age.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment