276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Robert Piguet Fracas Eau de Parfum for Women 100 ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The florals are to die for, orange blossom, tuberose and jasmine melding together make my heart flutter. Today, it is one of the most frequently-used floral notes in perfume, populating perfumes ranging from the bombastic Dior Poison to muted designer gem Gucci Bloom, but Fracas is the original and perhaps the most famous. There is a 3-pack of different perfumes of hers that you can try out and that is another way for you to try Tolu, too. Robert Piguet was a talented fashion designer, who at the top of Parisian fashion in the 30s and 40s, captured the imagination of many, with his elegant and alluring designs.

The fragrance finishes off with a base of amber with its warm and resinous oriental touch, cedar, musk, damp and earthy oak moss, and exotic sandalwood. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products. Beginning in the 1940’s, Piguet’s collaborations with famed perfumer Germain Cellier gave way to Bandit, Fracas, Visa and Baghari. I own it and it smells close to Drakkar Noir and Lomani pour Homme but much more flowery in its heart.I'm starting to get used to tuberose, already present in Poison and very accessible, even if this perfume is only a shadow of its past. The new Fracas comes in either eau de parfum or pure parfum/extrait concentrations, and, like the original, comes in a jet-black, opaque bottle with a black top and a pink-framed label. In 1998, a company purchased its license and revived the scent, tasking perfumer Pierre Negrin with recreating the original Fracas as accurately as possible. The fragrance comes out in a gentle mist that starts off with a touch of peach and orange blossom for bubblegum sweetness, with a touch of cool iris-like hyacinth.

I also had the same issue with Michael Kors signature fragrance, which is another big buttery floral I really wanted to love. Sophisticated, with a touch of whimsy, the base is underscored by the elegance of musk and sandalwood sprinkled with a touch of chocolate. One of the most intriguing aspects about Fracas is its recent story: it was produced by historical " Robert Piguet Parfums" until the end of Seventies. If you read up on the history of Fracas and the House of Robert Piquet, you’ll learn a lot about this and other fragrances of House.I think our body chemistry is such that it can turn the most masculine of scents into something “feminine” on occasion — especially with those richer or spicier perfumes that have warmth at their base with things like vanilla, tonka bean, amber or sandalwood.

I also have a strange olfactory memory reason for loving this perfume; this fragrance is identical to the smell of the scented notebooks myself and my classmates all had in junior school. As it develops a little, a nice fruity edge emerges; subtle, but enhancing the sweet component of the tuberose nicely.There are a lot of cadences involved, but some things are just meant to be appreciated as a majestic whole and to try for yourself. I prefer it perhaps to Serge Lutens’ modern take on Tuberose (Tubereuse Criminelle, I did a review of it) but I’m not crazy about either one, truth be told. Fracas is the big tuberose reference of perfumery, and tuberose is the most carnal of the floral notes. Peach and orange are evident, developed by the osmanthus and orange blossom notes, and the bouquet is rounded out by clean, powdery jasmine, adding body, creamy gardenia and heady hyacinth.

If those citrus dominated top notes could cut through the oily, teak wood note that floats over Fracas for Men's very cheap smelling base of musk and vanilla, it may have had some balance. I adore big, bombastic florals in the cold weather, it tames them utterly and makes them so wearable. You may also like Jubiliation 25 by the royal perfume house of Amouage, but I’m much less sure on that one. His fragrances tell stories of other places and times but remain enduring classics, coveted for their provocative allure and distinctive character.With unmistakable and unrivaled opulent tuberose and jasmine accords, this lush and creamy concoction clings to a woman’s skin and warms with her unique chemistry. A cult favourite, created in 1947 by genius perfumer Germaine Cellier, it is a legend and a trendsetter. i picked Givenchy from perfumania , 2 bottles of Amarige… can you believe me if i say I just read what is the difference between the fragrances ?

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment