276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Cabbage White Green Butterfly Netting for Garden Fruit and Vegetable Crop Protection (3m x 6m)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Pest protection: Cabbage netting helps to keep pests like caterpillars, moths, cabbage butterflies, cabbage worms, and other insects away from the cabbage plants, which can reduce the need for pesticides and other chemical treatments. Cover cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, turnips, swedes, radish, carrot, parsnip, celery, spinach, parsley, onions, leeks, peas, lettuce and all types of oriental vegetables. Strawberries, raspberries and currants Cabbage netting can be of different types in color and size. You can choose it as you need for your farm. Here we mention some options. EyouAgro is always there to provide you with all the agriculture protection textile products. EyouAgro Cabbage netting is one of the best services of this company.

Last year when I spotted large numbers of Cabbage Whites flying around, I didn't pay much attention to them at first, as I had (fortunately, as it turned out) decided not to grow any brassica crops. I do grow nasturtiums along the vegetable patch fence however, and within a matter of days I went from 'Oh look – that's an interesting caterpillar' to 'Eek! What are those caterpillars and what have they done to my nasturtiums?' Large and Small Cabbage White Butterflies Veggiemesh will also protect against birds, rabbits, wind and hail. Cover crops as soon as you plant them and leave covered until harvest for bigger better crops free from insect damage. Cabbages are generally grouped according to harvesting season, although some varieties overlap. If you sow small batches of each type, you can have harvests all year round. All types are grown in the same way, but with different sowing and harvesting times: Cabbage is a winter vegetable, so the best time for sowing seed is in June, July or spring. The perfect span for installing Cabbage netting is spring. Cabbage netting will help to make the soil and environment ideal for cultivating. 5 tips for Cabbage Netting Do:Installation: Cabbage netting is easy to install and can be draped over the plants or supported by a frame. It can also be secured to the ground using stakes or other types of anchors to prevent pests from crawling underneath.

Fleece should be used where crops needto be provided with extra warmth or frost protection. Encouraging diseases and slugs Using cabbage/insect netting is relatively easy. The netting is simply draped over the cabbage plants and secured in place using stakes or other means of support. The netting should be secured tightly to prevent pests from squeezing through gaps or finding a way inside. Transform your harvests and grow your profits with EyouAgro today! Don’t miss out on the opportunity to revolutionize your farming whether large or small business. Surprisingly considering the devastation wreaked on my nasturtiums I didn't find a single pupa over the winter, but spiders seemed to have a feast on the larvae last year and I've seen butterflies caught in their webs this year too. EyouAgro cabbage netting is the best investment I’ve made for my cabbage farm. The netting has helped me to protect my vegetables from pests and adverse weather conditions.” John, a farmer from KenyaMesh Size: The mesh size of cabbage netting can vary, but it is typically small enough to keep pests like cabbage moths and aphids from reaching the plants. The mesh size is usually between 0.8 and 1.2 mm, which is smaller than most insects that pose a threat to cabbage plants.

Vegetables like cabbage Netting are suitable. Furthermore, it is acceptable for a fruit garden also. 5 Steps on How to install Cabbage Netting for Your Citrus Farm? Slugs can be an annoying problem for many types of plants. They are nocturnal and happily eat the plants’ leaves while no one is watching.This netting has a mesh size too compact for bees to fit through. As a result, if you are growing crops that need pollinating, remove this netting during flowering. Soft to the touch but definitely hard on butterflies, this netting is the ideal material to keep your home-grown vegetables and brassicas in particular caterpillar-free. Storage – because I always put out the same netted stations every year as I rotate around the plot, when it comes to close of the year I tie my nets into skeins with a note at the long end (so I know which way round to drape them) to say which station it was for. Saves guessing which size net is for which job next year. I do the same with the canes – bundle and label which job they are to do. Wire pegs go in a terracotta plant pot in the shed for next year. Standard mesh: 1.3-1.4mm. Good for insects such as cabbage root fly, onion fly, bean seed fly and carrot fly, as well as moth and butterfly pests. Birds and mammalscanalso be excluded. Although theoretically capable of penetrating mesh, mammals and larger birds seldom do, so there is rarely any need to add further protection such as bird netting. However, this size isunreliable in excluding small insects such as aphids, flea beetle, allium leaf miner and leek moth. You know that sometimes UV rays can be toxic to your crops, and Cabbage Netting is UV stabilized. The polyethylene that is used in the making of Cabbage Netting is UV stabilized. So Cabbage Netting can give protection from UV Rays. c. Fruit gardens.

Wildlife can be at risk from poorly erected and managed garden netting. Very fine mesh, such as insect-proof mesh or horticultural fleece, is one of the safer options, but it is essential to secure the edges of the mesh by burying under the soil or anchoring to a ground level board half sunken in the soil. Birds in particular can become entangled in loose netting which may result in their death or injury. Sustainability Winter cabbages – a valuable crop, for fresh harvests when little else is available. Usually form large heads, so need plenty of space. Sow in late spring. These include crinkly Savoy types and smooth drumheads, as well as attractive red-tinged or purple varieties. Once mature, they often stand in good condition for months until needed. Alternatively, store in a cool, frost-free place Cabbage Netting is the easiest way to protect your harvest from insects, butterflies, and other harmful organisms. Those toxic organisms can destroy your production, and Cabbage Netting will protect your crops from being devastated. Mesh is also sold in varying mesh sizes. The smaller the mesh the smaller the insect excluded but the greater the cost and also potential increase in temperature (finer meshed insect proof material may lead to a significant warming for the covered crops) and humidity beneath. On the other hand, finer meshes tend to be lighter and easier to use without supporting hoops.

Cabbage White Butterfly Netting specs:

While the adults will not do any damage do vegetables, like cabbages. The larvae of the cabbage white butterfly will feed and damage plants. If left unprotected the cabbage white butterfly can destroy entire brassica yields. Unfortunately it is usually necessary to uncover plants every two to three weeks to hoe, weed and also thin seed sown plants. This risks ingress of pests which once inside the mesh are likely to multiply. Egg laying through the mesh Organic slug baits, such as Sluggo, can be sprinkled onto the soil surface around your seedlings. Another option is to make a beer trap. Push an empty cat food or tuna can into the soil until the can’s lip is even with the soil surface. Fill the can about halfway with beer. Attracted by the smell of the yeast, slugs fall in and drown. Cabbage netting is a netting process for your vegetables to ensure healthy growing without any harmful effects of germs or any other infections. This netting process is very affordable so that you can maintain it for sure. Sun protection: Cabbage netting can provide shade for vegetables, protecting them from excessive heat and sun exposure. This can help prevent sunburn and other damage that can harm the plants.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment