276°
Posted 20 hours ago

7.5" Trauma Shears (Paramedic Scissors)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This is the first choice on the list that comes with a carabiner, which allows for significantly easier carrying. These fluoride-coated shears are a standard 7.5 inches and built for use in the surgical, medical, and trauma fields. With a show of hands, how many of you have ever stabbed yourself with a pair of scissors? That’s what I thought. When I was a kid, I hated round-tip scissors, because “adult” scissors were so much cooler, darn it! Still, I have to admit ( very begrudgingly) that those kid-friendly scissors might be a little less dangerous. When it comes to trauma shears, however, I’m a huge fan of blunted blade tips. Some trauma shears are so strong they can cut through a penny. It might not be wise to dull your shears by testing this claim, but first responders should look for tools with this kind of strength. Key considerations The primary differences between trauma shears and bandage scissors lie in their intended purpose, design, blade size, blade strength, and handle design. Trauma shears are built for versatility and efficiency in emergency situations. In contrast, bandage scissors are tailored for the precise cutting of bandages and dressings in both emergency and non-emergency settings. Yes, there are various types of trauma shears available on the market. Some may have additional features like built-in seat belt cutters or oxygen tank wrenches. Additionally, you can find shears with different handle designs, colors, and even camouflage patterns to suit your preferences.

Versatility: Some trauma shears come with additional features such as oxygen tank wrenches, strap cutters, or ring cutters, which can be useful in various emergency situations. Consider whether these additional functions are relevant to your work and could be beneficial in your daily tasks. All this said, I recognize that I am not an EMT, trauma surgeon, ER nurse, or combat medic. I know the limits of my training, and my conscience demands that when I run into those limits, I must defer to the knowledge of those with greater training and experience than my own. Your safety and success are paramount. Types of trauma shears This cute bandage scissors for nurses come in two different sizes: a big size that measures about seven and half centimetres in length and a mini size that measures about five and half centimetres in length. Those used to standard single-function trauma shears may initially have a slight learning curve when using these for the first time. Medical shears are a specialized tool used by first responders and medical personnel. They’re widely used and thankfully benefit from economies of scale.One of the most important purposes of trauma shears is to cut through tough materials. They’re built to shear through webbing, leather, and sometimes even metal. As such, they’re also designed with heavy-duty materials that shouldn’t break down over time. Bottom Line: A cheap pair of trauma shears that may be well-suited for cutting off bandages, but buyer beware if you need them for field use, as your patient’s life may be dependent on shears that fall apart in the middle of the job. If space efficiency is your best friend, then a multi-tool trauma shear may be worth your hard-earned cash. Thanks to their increased versatility, they can be an excellent choice for go bags, minimalist emergency kits, or similar uses. Also, compared to most traditional trauma shears, these tools hold an edge MUCH longer, making them a true investment. Of course, the added weight is a tradeoff that may or may not be worth it to you. Key features of trauma shears Contoured handle grips ensure user comfort while working, and the durable ceramic coating is available in a selection of colour options.

I had read about their effectiveness in medical environments, and even among the tree climbing and SCUBA diving communities. Their ability to cleanly slice through a 1/2” kernmantle climbing rope and also through heavy-duty materials while still being gentle enough to snip a child’s hair caught in a climbing knot, convinced me of their versatility. Autoclaves are commonly found in hospital settings and may also be used in some doctor’s offices. They’re ideal for people who need to sanitize their tools frequently either after or during their shifts.

The Bottom Line About Trauma Shears

One of the most common questions people ask about trauma shears is whether or not they can cut a penny. The answer is yes. Trauma shears can cut a penny. However, it is essential to note that cutting a penny is not their primary purpose. Initial Stiffness: They may feel a bit stiff to operate initially, although this seems to ease up with use. The blades often feature serrations, which grip materials effectively and help maintain the sharpness of the shears over time. Can You Sharpen Trauma Shears?

Trauma shears are different from medical scissors. They’re built for first responder’s, military medics, and others working to stabilize people in high-stress situations.The plastic used in the handles was carefully selected to stand up to the high temperatures required for effective autoclave sterilization. They have a blunt tip and are perfectly angled for easy use. Practicing paramedics (both PCPs and ACPs) were recruited for the usual practice (UP) group. These paramedics were asked to remove the simulated patient’s clothing using standard trauma shears and whatever technique they normally would employ when treating a real trauma patient. They received instruction regarding study protocol and were offered a practice cut on a single article of clothing.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment