276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Skullcandy Aviator Headphones Mic3 (Eric Koston Collab)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

These are very comfy and are easy to put on however, despite it supposedly being a over ear headphone, the wear more like an on ear, with most of the apd sitting on my earlobe. Not a big deal as the pads are very soft. Honestly without an amp, I didn’t really like the headphone much at all. But amped via the e07k with full bass boost and level 6 treble boost fixed alot of the problems. The treble louder without being harsh. And bass got a lot more engaging. It hits decently hard and can rumble a bit when called for. It also remians pretty undistorted even at loud volumes. The sound now has a lot more weighty, dynamic and textured. However the treble is bit dull and splashy, and the bass are bit blurry or “one note” The soundstage is still pretty much the same, and is still pretty closed sounding.

Honestly my favourite right here (but it should be, considering how much the wa6 costs), it now warmer, bassier while being clearer and more detailed, offering the most dynamic sound yet. The mids are more inline with the rest of the sound which can be good or bad depending on your taste. Do keep in mind that all these perks come with the caveat of a significantly loftier price tag. Connectivity Both Beats and Skullcandy offer quality products at different price points for many customers. But Beats can be significantly pricier because of some of the premium and niche features it provides to its customers.Of all of the headphones in the test, the Aviator is the one that most subverted expectations. I had assumed that the sonic balance of the Skullcandy would likely feature slightly overemphasised bass to make them more effective on the move but this isn’t the case. Instead they seem to have a reasonably flat frequency response with a slight but noticeable lift to the upper midrange. The result is somewhat unexpected but very likeable. The soundstage is not actually very wide in open standard, but for a small closed portable, it’s pretty impressive. And the imaging while a bit left/rightish still utilizes the width quite well. Just htat there’s no depth whatsoever. In addition, there are also a handful of standalone models available. There may have been additional variants or previous generations of this model available in the past, but now there's only one model currently available from this manufacturer: When I bought these headphones, I was looking for something different from the norm. Something that would set me apart from everyone I knew with the type of head gear I used. I have a few pair of Skullcandy headphones and was very impressed with the sound they produced and when I saw the Aviators I thought a premium set of headphones from a company I have come to expect great quality and sound from.

When it comes to comfort, Beats has some upper hands over Skullcandy. Beats headphones are mostly a perfect fit for everyone as you can customize it using software and adjustment clips. In addition, Beats headphones feature heavy padding that enables you to use them for longer listening sessions. I knew that the Aviators and Mix Masters were for the most part well received here. I tried them on before but they didnt impress me. Since I was looking for some portable headphones i decided to give these a shot. These look really nice (to me at least). While style is at the near bottom of the list of things to look for in a headphone i can't deny i like the look of these unlike many other gaudy skullcandy products. Despite their obvious intended use for smartphones and mobile devices, the Aviators have an interesting power problem in that their specs don't really indicate a set of headphones that are suited to use with a smartphone. Basically, we're looking at two specs here, the impedance and sensitivity. Because the impedance, or ability to resist electrical current is high, and the sensitivity (often called the "efficiency" of the headphones) your device will need to be able to juice your cans with a higher current.It's been quite a few months since I've had these and in that time. I've had the opportunity to listen to some amazing phones when I re-cabled them. Specifically the Beyerdynamic DT770. Since most consumers are not the most poignant of audiophiles, the large swath of customers wants to own headphones they can use casually at a low price. In this article, you will find a detailed comparison between these two companies that will help you understand which would be the best option for you. Differences Between Skullcandy and Beats

Ultra= Discontinued line. Tends to have better battery performance, rapid charging, higher IP rating, app compatibility, and Tile support.If you’re the type to not believe in burn in, you’ll probably not give the aviators a chance. On first listen, the sound was to put it bluntly horrible. Muffled, slow and congested are the initial impressions I would give to them. But after even a few hours, the sound clears up considerably. Enough that I thought, hey they actually sound good! I used " fish don't scream" by Serj Tankian to really test the bass sound and instrumental separation. Like all over-ear headphones, you can make size adjustments to the Aviators by pulling up and down on the polished silver slide rail that forms the curved shape of the headband. The frame also bends at the top of the both earcups, allowing you to fold them into the headband for safe storage, although we're worried that the continued joint strain from folding and unfolding could damage the structural integrity over the long run. The Aviator is designed with mobile use in mind. Like the Beats by Dr. Dre, they have an inline remote and microphone on the cord that will control your iDevice. The microphone is placed slightly too high on the cord to be truly comfortable and doesn’t feel as well made as the rest of the headphones but the remote works well enough. The cord is permanently secured at the headphone end which technically makes it more vulnerable than the Solo HD but at no disadvantage to the other headphones in the test. The cord itself is a pretty good length for portable and laptop use being long enough to allow some freedom of movement without requiring you to stow it with a wire tie. So in conclusion, I think that people should not pass up Skullcandy's attempt into legitimate sound quality because people preferentially sidestep the name. Try these for yourself, don't let the status quo lead you. Blaze your own trail. They might not have WOW factor off the get go but they will wow you later on. Burn em in and enjoy them!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment