276Ā°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dirty Laundry: Why adults with ADHD are so ashamed and what we can do to help - THE SUNDAY TIMES BESTSELLER

Ā£7.495Ā£14.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Thank you both so much for this book. My therapist loved it after I suggested she read it and I love it to. Thank you both so much for your content and helping people with ADHD šŸ„° The only sort of ā€œnegativeā€ I would say is that the chapter on finances can be disheartening for those of us who do not have a partner that works in the banking industry or is good with finances. The chapter does give some good emotional support points, but it was the one chapter in which I could not connect with the idea of successfully conquering that area of my life. They share the strategies they have used to reduce shame, improve communication, and find happiness in their neurodivergent household. Listening to this book, and hearing the love and patience and wisdom you share has been lifesaving!! I cannot stress that enough. I feel seen for the first time in our marriage and my husband has seen what empathetic care with boundaries looks and sounds like. We have definitely spent years arguing about chores, dinner, being organised, etc and honestly seeing that it is the same for other couples is a relief. I now try not to get frustrated and remember that we see things differently, and that assistance and gentle reminders really go a long way!

What if you stopped feeling ashamed of constantly being late or of getting so hyperfocused on a task that you drop everything else you had to do? How can you as a partner, parent, or friend better understand your neurodivergent loved oneā€™s way of moving through the world? I have an undiagnosed ADHD partner (it was my therapist that suggested he might be) and since looking into certain behaviours, things make so much more sense.

Retailers:

We are still going to live separately but we are going to use that space to heal and we will spend time together enjoying our quirks. Then he can go to his pristine house and I can enjoy my floordrobe in peace.

Not onyl is this book written from the perspective of Rox, the person with ADHD, but also from the perspective of Rich, her partner. I am a 32 year old AuDHDer (I'm autistic and have ADHD - as well as other common mental health comorbidities). I've always felt like the female experience of these conditions often goes ignored, whether by professionals or everyday folks who have been trained by society to only see ADHD as something seen in hyperactive little boys, that it 'cant really be a disability', or that it's something someone can grow out of or simply learn to get a grip on. Filled with heartbreak and humour in equal measure, DIRTY LAUNDRY is an invaluable resource both for neurodivergents and the people who love them. If you have ADHD - or love somebody who does - DIRTY LAUNDRY will change your life, and your relationships. Do you feel crippling shame because you struggle with cleaning, personal hygiene, or time-keeping? Do you always feel misunderstood by the people close to you and find that they get frustrated by your behaviour?This book was AMAZING. It was the first book I have finished in years, I read it cover to cover on a plane ride unable to put it down.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment