276°
Posted 20 hours ago

beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Studio Headphones - 80 Ohm

£62.5£125.00Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I know what you're talking about, but I don't think it has any impact on the sound. I don't know what might be causing the rattle though. could it be that the wires of the driver start to vibrate with stronger bass and touch the inside of the enclosure? to me this sounds like a typical resonance sound, because when i took the driver out yesterday, i saw all the wires tangling around without any foam or whatever around them that could hold them in place. After all was said and done it worked more or less as perfectly as it did when I got them after allowing the replacement silicone to dry and cure. =)

To actually supply the music, I used my own collection of hi-res FLAC and ALAC files. I played these using the Audirvana app, which lets you select the exact digital audio output you're playing over, which let me select the Modi 3. ohms (Recommendet for DT 770 / DT 770 M / DT 770 PRO / DT 770 / PRO HT / DT 790 / DT 797 / HS 200 / HS 300) Sorry to dig up an old thread but I badly wanted to say thanks for the advice and guidance posted above.

What’s it like to use the Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO (80Ω)?

For some time I've had an annoying bass rattle from one of the drivers of my DT990s. I was convinced I'd damaged or blown it and would be in the market for new cans. But thought I might as well disassemble and have a look, and found the above instructions for the 770s applicable and helpful. Listening to The Beach Boys' " Long Promised Road," the bass notes on the electric piano that carry the beginning of the song sit perfectly where they should, without overly blooming into the midrange. While the DT 770 PROs and Beyerdynamic headphones, in general, have a reputation for being slightly sibilant, here, the boosted treble breathes new life into this older recording. The corresponding models of both product families PRO and Edition are hardly distinguishable in terms of sound, as long as they have the same impedance (e.g. DT 880 Edition / 250 Ohm and DT 880 PRO / 250 Ohm sound the same). Become part of the beyerdynamic community and be the first to hear about new products and promotions!

The beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO headphones have established themselves as a firm favourite amongst music producers, sound engineers and broadcasters and are used in studios all over the world. They reproduce the entire frequency range with incredible precision, and even reproduce low frequencies in punchy detail. Sorry to necro this thread, but I just wanted to chime in to say a huge "Thank you!" to all the posters involved with this guide. For decades our PRO headphones have been the reference for professional sound in recording studios all over the world. That leaves only one question: Which headphones are the right ones for you? I opened my pair last year with a butter knife. Just use the knife to wedge the inner plastic ring up from the enclosure. It should pop right out. The PRO models (DT 770 PRO, DT 880 PRO, DT 990 PRO) are designed for professional applications, e.g. in the recording studio. The Edition models are suitable for use at home on the stereo system.These are relatively neutral-sounding headphones with a barebones approach to how they work. That means these are wired headphones meant for one thing: listening to music, whether you're in the middle of recording a song or you're just spinning your favorite record again. For (live) mixing in loud environments, closed headphones are usually used. From our portfolio, the DT 770 M, the DT 770 PRO, the DT 700 PRO X and the DT 1770 PRO are suitable.

These are instructions for the DT990, but I think they are very, very similar(if not exactly the same) to the DT770. On top of that the comfort and the overall mechanical design was increased and a removable XLR cable was added that can be swapped out depending on what you’re doing. +Which ist the best headphone for mixing and mastering? If you're wearing headphones hours a day, every day, certain parts wear out, especially the padding. This is why it's so useful that the ear cup cushions and even the headband padding are completely replaceable, adding considerable longevity to the headphones. While the ear cups don't fully swivel, they aren't fully rigid either. This means that they can and do move within their limited range to conform to the shape of your head. The ear cups are large enough that even those with larger ears shouldn't have a problem finding a fit.Since we're testing the 80 Ohm version of these headphones, I made sure to test them in a few different ways. Most of my listening was done with a Schiit Modi 3 DAC feeding the signal to a Schiit Asgard headphone amp, which powered the DT 770.

ohms (Recommendet for DT 770 / DT 770 old / DT 770 Edition / DT 770 PRO / PRO HT / MMX 300 / DT 790 / DT 797 / HS 200 / HS 300) Thanks to the Tesla technologytechnology developed in Heilbronn, the DT 1770 PRO offers even finer resolution with precise and powerful bass. The PRO flagship also sets new standards in terms of wearing comfort and workmanship. Thanks to the STELLAR.45 driver, The PRO X range are going to sound excellent in the Studio, plugged into an interface or amplifier – but you can also use them on the go if you plug them into a laptop or a smartphone as they are going to turn up very loud.

I just wanted to say MANY thanks for this great thread. Aaaaaaah, great relief. No more annoying bass rattle...! Two small hairs were the culprits indeed, making my DT770 Pros rattle like crazy. I, too, had a terribly annoying bass rattle in my left driver, and after following the instructions listed in the thread (although with my DT770/80's, the only thing was after getting the silicone off I had to wrestle with removing the driver, there were 3 sort of hidden "clips" that required some creative pulling right next to where the silicone attachments were) I was able to access the driver and pull the hair that had embedded itself in the driver out.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment