276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Garmin HRM-Pro™ Premium Heart-rate Monitor with Dual Transmission and Running Dynamics, Black

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

But, here’s the simple and boring truth: The data was boringly perfect. Just as it pretty much has been for two years on the HRM-PRO. After all, it’s the same strap. Still, here’s some data sets for fun.

I found it unreliable with the running dynamics data channel dropping out sometimes if I paused and restarted a run. There would be huge gaps in the data. It seems to be a problem from the 8.80 firmware that added this footpod feature when combined with the watch firmware that understands it is a HRM that also has pace/distance. I can’t trust the HRM-Pro Plus for the moment so I have set it aside for now. Waiting for a watch or HRM firmware update to test it again.

What other heart-rate monitor extras should you look for?

So, I then repeated the exact same sections again now that those calibrations were done. Here’s that data (note that my paces were slightly different in the warm-up, so don’t compare Test 1 to Test 2 end-state distances, just compare within the set). Do you practise a sport where its not always appropriate to wear a watch or do you want a precise alternative for the wrist heart rate measurement in your watch? Then Garmin HRM-PRO i This usually takes 5-10 seconds. Note that if it doesn’t see the strap, it’ll actually re-confirm with you, which is useful if you’re still in the water since the watch can’t find the strap if your strap is underwater. Funguje to ale jen tehdy, pokud jsou hodinky z dosahu, případně pokud jsou zcela odpojené. V opačném případě se kroky a tepovka stále načítají z hodinek, a to i tehdy, pokud nejsou na ruce. A tehdy byste samozřejmě žádné kroky nezískali. Je proto vhodné, pokud chcete načítat data tepové frekvence a kroků z hruďáku, mít hodinky vypnuté, nebo alespoň odpojené od mobilu.

K výše uvedenému jedna důležitá poznámka: Někdy na podzim loňského roku (2022) dostala podporu minut intenzivní aktivity přímo navigace Edge 1040 - a také Edge Explore 2, čili pokud máte jeden z těchto modelů, nepotřebujete pro záznam tepové frekvence s možností propisu do deníku Connect a sbírání MIA hrudní pás HRM-Pro/Plus, ale stačí vám i HRM-Run/2 či HRM-Dual. Compare that to the yellow HRM-PRO strap which requires access with a small screwdriver, tools, and ensuring you re-seat the o-ring correctly (else, you’ll damage it and kill your strap); The Garmin HRM-Pro is going to give you much more accurate heart rate data than wrist-based wearables, making it essential for serious athletes. It might also appeal to those athletes who can’t wear a watch during their sport, such as water sports, team sports and martial arts.Reliability and longevity: The HRM-Pro/Swim do not have a good battery replacement mechanism and there are large numbers of reports of poor reliability once that first battery is changed. The new tool-free battery door is an improvement in that respect. However, the 1-year battery life is still not great and if you have no need for fancy features just get the older strap that comes with a significantly longer battery life. Update] Garmin has also added Cross Country (XC) Skiing Power Support as of October 2020, only available in the HRM-PRO Hrudní pás HRM-Pro je i velmi pohodlný, díky své pružnosti dobře drží na hrudníku a současně nemám ani po delší aktivitě v délce několika hodin otlaky. Na cyklodovolené jsem ho měl i několik celých dní po sobě a bez problému. Zkrátka pokud překousnete cenu tři tisíce korun, určitě odvede dobrou práci. Není to totiž jen hrudní pás, ale dokáže spoustu další věcí. Zatímco dříve jsem měl hruďák jen pro testy, dnes je to pro mě naprosto nezbytný doplněk. Stručné parametry HRM-Pro Plus Tip: Tyto parametry umí měřit také Running Dynamics Pod - to když si nechcete kupovat hrudní pás, protože vám na tep stačí optika v hodinkách. This problem is not universal. It appears to only be some device combinations. I only have one sample, but there are many Garmin forum posts complaining. I have a running mate that also had a reliability problem with the HRM-Pro and also changed to a Polar H10.

So ultimately, the HRM-PRO is really as its name suggests – it’s Garmin’s top-end strap for Garmin users. There’s ZERO reason to buy this strap over Garmin’s HRM-DUAL strap if you don’t have a Garmin watch. Inversely, if you do have a Garmin watch, I’d have a pretty tough time recommending the older HRM-TRI strap these days, even though that is reasonably priced whereas this is crazy priced. But hey, I guess that’s the price of admission to data. And that’s it. Best of all, sometime today, the existing HRM-PRO will receive a firmware update that adds the transmission of pace/distance to the firmware [Update: Went out as planned as version 8.80]. Which basically means, software-wise, the HRM-PRO & HRM-PRO Plus straps will be identical (for now anyways, all bets are off for the future). Obviously, the battery door and color-changing bits are hardware, so existing HRM-PRO straps don’t get that magically via firmware update.

Bez HRM-Pro se neobejdu

When it comes to outdoor GPS activity calibration, this will calibrate across numerous pace ranges, however, there are some smarts built-in, to ensure that the calibration isn’t coming from bad data, or non-representative data (such as trail runs where form/running style often differs). In particular, the following circumstance will pause outdoor GPS calibration of the HRM-PRO/HRM-PRO Plus:

Good point about some people’s preference for the reduced chafing of the side closure Garmin strap compared to the generic/wahoo strap where the ends snap onto the pod. But I would counter that it’s still possible to use Garmin’s side-fasten strap design with a removable pod to facilitate laundry and strap replacement when the elastic or sensor electrode surfaces wear out (just like the original HRM Run design with removable pod/strap)… And there shouldn’t have to be a tradeoff of waterproofing vs removable strap in this case, as they could design whatever hardy battery door/gasket system they like, as long as it has the metal nubs at the right pitch to mate with any strap you prefer. Nepřehlédněte: Dynamika běhu: Jaká data zaznamenává hrudní pás HRM-Run či HRM-Pro a co z nich zjistíte? Jaký máte výkon? Some forum posts suggest disabling the pace/distance feature fixes this running dynamics feature but that seems unfortunate.

GARMIN HRM-PRO FOR ALL TRAINING

By the way I did my first sprint triathlon on my AW and thinks worked extremely well (except the fact that I had to be paranoid with charging the AW at the very last second before leaving home)!!! The part that most people here reading about are probably interested in though is Garmin watch integration. There’s essentially three levels/components of direct watch integration: First, let’s start and see how it handles steady-state running. This is a 9-mile long run from a few weeks ago, just cruising along at a relatively easy pace. In this case we’ve got the HRM-PRO as my chest strap, the COROS Pace 2 on one wrist with optical, the FR745 on the other wrist as optical HR, and then a Whoop strap on my bicep connected to the Polar Grit X. Here’s that data set: Peloton has its own shoes and apparel line; it's no surprise the most popular at-home exercise bike class provider sells a Peloton-branded heart rate monitor that seamlessly connects to the Peloton Bike+ and Peloton Tread.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment