276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Neighborly: A Novel

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Kat and Doug have used literally all their money to buy a house in the "perfect" neighbourhood and basically, right from the outset, things are not as perfect as they seem. There's something odd about the street and the inhabitants but this idea initially comes from Kat who isn't the most reliable of sources.

Neighborly by Ellie Monago | Goodreads

Good fences make for good neighbors. Minding your own business and not interacting with your neighbors makes for better neighbors! The Bible tells us to love our neighbors, and also to love our enemies; probably because generally they are the same people.” A not-to-be-missed novel of suspense about the secrets hidden in a young couple’s new neighborhood. As for side characters, there’s about 3 million. To be honest, they all merged into one in my head and I couldn’t actually remember who was who whenever a name popped up, apart from Andie, who had a bit more of a developed story than the rest of them. Just because your paranoid doesn't mean nobody's after you. F bombs and highly sexualized content. Childhood is a template for all that comes laterThe whole neighborhood of swingers thing was predictable but I think it was supposed to be. It was cheesy, in ways, but kind of interesting thanks to the extra dialogue that reflected the psychoanalysis I mentioned earlier. I could never do spouse sharing but this book subtly made cases for or against it, that made it feel a little less smutty. After putting all of the pieces together Kat confronts her tormenter/s and tries to make a citizens arrest. It goes a little something like this... Kat and Doug have moved into a new neighborhood called Aurora Village. It is certainly a dream come true, even if it cost them every penny they had. From a threatening note found outside their door to deep, rather disturbing secrets, Kat instantly becomes extremely worried. Also, they are the new parents of Sadie and this brings on challenges of its own, including the distance that has developed between Kat and Doug. More than one thing is off-kilter. The issue is that none of the characters are properly developed, and that could even be said of the main protagonists. We know nothing really about any of the neighbours beyond a snapshot, we learn next to nothing about Doug and Kat comes over as more neurotic than sympathetic a lot of the time, so as a reader I wasn't much invested in the outcome by the time it was all over. Condition: Very Good. Very Good condition. Volume 35. No 3. A copy that may have a few cosmetic defects. May also contain a few markings such as an owner's name, short gifter's inscription or light stamp.

Neighbourly - where businesses help local good causes

The neighbors could have done with some more character development, I had problems keeping some of the characters straight and remembering the individual couples correctly. If topics such as open marriages/partner swapping offend you, you may want to miss this one, as several reviewers seem to have been put off by some of the content. Kat to Guilty Party: “Hello there, long time no see. I finally figured it out! Nice cosmetic surgery by the way. You poisoned my daughter!”Characters in this book are dislikable… actually I’d go so far as to say detestable. Kat, our main character, is a new mum, has moved with her husband into a new house and village, and is desperate to escape her past. She wants to make new friends and move on with her life and her perfect little family. Super cliche, but sounds likable, right? As mentioned before, this really is one of those ‘throwaway thrillers’, I can assure you I will have forgotten the story or the characters within a few months, even though I semi-enjoyed it while reading. The plot for this one is nothing unique but it is quite gripping at times and I did enjoy the guessing game of who the baddie was going to be. I had my suspicions about parts of the plot which ended up being correct, but at no point did I have any clue who was leaving the notes… until the chapters begin changing POV. Monago continues to keep the identity of the person undercover, but it becomes really easy to work out who they are, and so even that last reveal becomes dulled by the long drawn out process of officially finding out who they are. As increasingly sinister and frighteningly personal notes arrive, each one stabs deeper into the heart of Kat’s insecurities, paranoia, and most troubling, her past. When the neighbors who seemed so perfect reveal their open secret, the menace moves beyond mean notes. Someone’s raising the stakes. The storyline is brilliant. If you love suburbia that's got a twisted side under perfect facades then this is for you. The book is paced perfectly and when the first reveal hits, even if you sense it coming, its still deliciously naughty and thrilling!

Neighborly Vacation (Getting Neighborly Book 6) eBook A Neighborly Vacation (Getting Neighborly Book 6) eBook

It started off pretty good. It interested me at first and then it got weird, in my opinion. I think it was supposed to be different and weird, though it wasn’t my cup of tea. I think there was a moral or something in there. There were loads of secrets and lies but a lot of, uh openness about things as well. Had these ppl all just talked about this stuff earlier this whole thing ... mountain out of a mole hill situation. But then the big reveal happened. Whomp Whomp. It felt too dramatic, too perfect and too over-the-top. I don't believe it had to end with murder. I don't believe the person killed was really all that bad, given how she was portrayed in the rest of the book. Taking her out of the big reveal completely would have felt much more natural to me. All in all, I’m glad I didn’t pay for it but can’t say I regret reading it. It wasn’t exactly good but it took me out of my comfort zone.This was a Kindle First Reads book, and I was excited to read it based on the synopsis. Everything in this book could have been wrapped up in a short story. The book will be loved by those who can overlook some of the things that just didn't sit with me. Not enough suspense for a book billed as suspense, the fry pan in the face with the sex talk that would make Dr. Ruth blush. F bombs not included. That is the first half of the story. What happens thereafter in Neighborly is equivalent to a sharp right turn on a curvy road. The story shifts directions and touches on many issues, including Kat's childhood trauma. Not only that the person behind the notes steps up and that scenario is detailed through another perspective. The danger Kat faces is suddenly life-threatening. In a neighborhood that just recently finished reading Fifty Shades of Grey and then discovered fetlife and google sheets, one woman must confront her past and being a new mother and postpartum depression and moving into a tiny house and fitting into the perfect neighborhood, all while learning how social media works. I wish the book had done a better job of fleshing out Kat and Ellen��s childhood friendship. I didn’t care that they reconciled or not because I didn’t have any insight to their history.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment