276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Christmas at the Island Hotel (Mure)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Suddenly, the fairytale trip seems doomed to fail… much like the innkeeper’s dwindling cashflow. It will take a miracle to save her heart and the inn. And that just might be what Fate has in mind.

In ‘Het eilandhotel’ keer je terug naar Mure, het kleine eiland met zijn uitgestrekte strand, kleurrijke huisjes en inwoners, Flora’s café en het chique hotel op het noordelijkste puntje. Na alle gebeurtenissen in de vorige boeken was ik erg benieuwd naar de ontwikkelingen in de levens van alle geliefde personages en samen met een vriendin las ik dit boek in één dag uit. Jenny Colgan did it again en mijn eerste kerstboek van dit seizoen is uit! Five years later, her life is approaching normal: her career as a celebrity photographer is flourishing, her son Jasper is growing up, and they are enjoying the run-up to Christmas with their tight circle of close friends. But all this changes one morning when Lee finds a book in the basket of her bicycle – and scrawled inside it, a desperate message. You can see my review and a recipe inspired by the book here: http://kahakaikitchen.blogspot.com/20...Flora feels guilty leaving baby Douglas with Joel, his father, who is totally enamored with his baby son. Maybe she is a bit jealous, but she is also amazed that Joel went from a high-powered, international lawyer, to a Daddy! Joel is equally amazed but just cannot believe the gifts he has been given at this stage in his life. He does have some work left to do, but it seems so boring compared to watching his baby son. Flora lives on the island Mure in the North Atlantic with her large family of brothers and her father. She runs the Seaside Kitchen and is very happy and in love with the American Joel, who has relocated to the island. Flora has just found out that she is pregnant but is very nervous about telling Joel her news as he has trauma from his childhood and she worries that he may not want to be a father. As the novel begins, Joel has been away in the US on a business trip, but he is due to return and Flora knows she can't keep the news from him. And Fintan and Colton, who's terminally ill, and then a very unexpected guest arrive - how are they going to cope with all the things that fate and life thro at them? This book feels like it was rushed through editing with no sharp eyes on it. It’s published by a major house, but is riddled with typos, both spelling and grammar. I assume the author has a series bible, but it certainly wasn’t consulted as the issues above point out. There are a few others, too, along these lines.

And then there’s the horrible stereotypes that the author indulges in. Texans are all types. I know to give Tripp a story arc you felt the need to paint him in the WORST possible way, but honestly it’s very, very lazy. I can handle the way the author paints Jan, because I expect she’ll have a moment in a later book where she finally, finally, is decent. But be careful, if she’s so horrid, then once again you are indulging in a stereotype to no end.Jenny Colgan creates enjoyable, often quirky characters that you can't help but root for and fills her books with both humor and poignant moments. She also fills them with food and includes a few recipes at the end. If you are looking for something not too heavy and a holiday read that will tug at your heartstrings, this is a great book to snuggle up to with a cup of tea and a piece of shortbread or two. This is the second in the Moose Springs, Alaska series and I was impatient for its fall release since I had loved The Tourist Attraction. I just finished reading it last night and now I’m eagerly awaiting book #3 Enjoy the View which is scheduled to be released in January. The characters are likable and the stories are fun but I really love the town of Moose Springs. It might be fictional but it definitely inspires me to book a trip to Alaska – even in the winter! Laurie is pretty sure love at first sight doesn’t exist anywhere but themovies.But then, through a misted-up bus window one snowy December day, she sees a man who she knows instantly is the one. Their eyes meet, there’s a moment of pure magic…and then her bus drives away. Christmas at the Island Hotel takes place on the island of Mure, a fictional island north of the UK. You enter the book and meet an entire cast of characters all gearing up for the Christmas season. One in particular, Fintan, is trying to get a hotel up and running that his boyfriend left him. He’s overwhelmed, dealing with grief, and not sure he’s going to be able to pull this off. With the help of local friends, and a grumpy chef... he may be able to do it though.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment