276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Why Do Buses Come in Threes?: The Hidden Maths of Everyday Life

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The chapter headings are chosen to appeal to the child or the non-mathematician - 'Why can't I find a four leafed clover?', 'Why do clever people get things wrong?', 'why are showers always too hot or too cold?' and other intriguing problems that have been worrying us all our lives. Some of the contents are conundrums we've all ( well, nearly all) met before, such as the Konigsberg bridges, PDF / EPUB File Name: Why_Do_Buses_Come_in_Threes_-_Robert_Eastaway.pdf, Why_Do_Buses_Come_in_Threes_-_Robert_Eastaway.epub

Bus One is now arriving at stops with populations bigger than some small Chinese cities. Bus Two, just behind, arrives a moment later to find them deserted. Without intervention, this situation will persist, essentially, forever. Spacing out three buses in the real world An effective Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program which provides guidance to support you in developing skills that help you along your career ‘bus journey’ can support you to take advantage of unexpected or unplanned opportunities. A CPD process that is flexible and driven by you provides a great way to pursue your intellectual curiosity and expose yourself to new ideas and new pathways that you may only recognise in hindsight. No-one ever gets off the buses, so even if we added a capacity, once a bus were full, it would never stop again. We should change it so that a random number of people get off the bus at each stop.

Open Library

Book Genre: Economics, Education, Mathematics, Nonfiction, Popular Science, Reference, Science, Trivia Rob Eastway has a book titled “Why do buses come in threes?” which is a collection of musings on the some of the mathematics behind some simple, and often common questions. The question that he used for the title of the book intrigued me, as his answer was (basically) that they don’t. They do come in twos (which he explained), but would probably not come in threes.

We also take a trip across the Atlantic to the culture of the Mayas, who had multiple calendars, and a symbol for zero which was a portrait of the god of death. Why multiple calendars? - Kaplan postulates a societal fear of an Ending, when the end of all the calendar cycles coincide - bringing a total End. Having many calendar cycles postpones this event for many years, and in the meantime,And what about the third bus? This should be avoided wherever possible, because two things, which could cause more problems, are likely to happen. It could be instructed to get in front of the first two buses by skipping a stop – which could be yours. The intriguing answers to these and other questions about the curiosities of everyday life can be found in this delightfully irreverent and highly informative book. Why Do Buses Come in Threes? explains how math and the laws of probability are constantly at work in our lives, affecting everything we do, from getting a date to catching a bus to cooking dinner. With great humor and a genuine love for the subject, Rob Eastaway and Jeremy Wyndham present solutions to such conundrums as how fast one should run in the rain to stay dry and who was the greatest sportsman of all time.Discover the mathematical explanations for the strange coincidence of two. I read this as a non-fiction palate cleanser between chapters of the literary fiction I’m slowly plowing through. (Literature used to be so much easier to read! What happened to my attention span?!?)

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment