276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Glasgow Celtic FC Football Club Metal Pin Badge Crest Logo Emblem Official

£2.08£4.16Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The bottom part of the frame comprises the “1888” mark surrounded by two abstract lines, resembling two bats. Today the strongest and one of the oldest Scottish clubs are managed by Neil Lennon and has Ian Bankier is the chairman. Clear examples of the 3 leaf being used until then was the large green 3 leaf shamrock glass plaque in honour of John Thomson along with the large 3 leaf shamrock used on his goalkeeper top which was common at that time.

Celtic, nicknamed The Bhoys and The Hoops, is the football club from Scotland, which was established in 1888. During the first half of the twentieth century, the club’s home strip lacked a badge, but their away tops featured a large three-leafed shamrock from time to time between 1925 and 1965.C., but I equally appreciate and admire its supporters, most especially the ones I have met on Celtic buses. Celebrating the 100th anniversary of the club’s existence, they adopted this logo: a white circle with a lot of green elements. The 103 third parties who use cookies on this service do so for their purposes of displaying and measuring personalized ads, generating audience insights, and developing and improving products.

The emblem turned out very traditional and had just basic elements without any fancy ornaments or details. I was one of the very first to cast eyes on the Badge when I sat on my father’s knee on a Celtic bus in Bonnybridge and I was only two years old. Executed in green and white, the color combination which associates with the country most, it features a four-leave clover as the main element. The club’s name was written in the same way, although where the founding year was on the previous logo, there was now a clover.Their 2-1 European Cup victory over Inter Milan made Celtic the first British and only Scottish club to have achieved the honour.

After the 2007/08 season, the star was retained and the badge remained the same until 2012/13 season, when Celtic celebrated their 125th anniversary by using a 1994 badge encircled by an attractive Celtic knot and an alternative badge featuring a Celtic cross. Its a metal crest badge with a stud fixed you can wear them on your shirt scarf bag or anywhere else you can think to put them. In 1994, the badge was updated very slightly and this design remained unaltered until the 2007/08 season, when Celtic celebrated the 40th anniversary of their European Cup victory with the addition of a star. C. To Celtic , In Recognition Of, Record Achieved By Winning The Following Trophies in 1907-8, Scottish League Champ, Scottish Cup, Glasgow Cup, Glasgow Charity Cup, the rim inscribed Donald McLeod. Evidence has been found since this article was initially written that the Celtic four leafed clover badge was used officially even earlier in 1935, see below].The badge is displayed on all articles of Celtic merchandise and countless millions of people all over the world have seen this unique badge on an equally unique and impressive hooped shirt. Redesigning the badge of such an iconic football club (with some of the most devoted supporters in the world) was a daunting task, even if my alterations were only for fun. The obverse inscribed Celtic Football Club, 1908, the reverse inscribed Presented By The Directors Of Celtic F. The current badge is an amendment of the previous badge after the takeover in 1995 when the club changed their financial status to a Public Limited Company from a Private Limited Company, hence the writing around the badge had to be amended. It was on that day that an Irish priest, Brother Wilfrid, gathered his fellow believers there and suggested that they organize a soccer club.

My father invited me to speculate as to who that might be: I suggested ‘the driver’, I was told to behave myself.The meeting was led by Marist Brother Walfrid (born Andrew Kerins in Ballymote, Ireland), who proposed that a football club be established to raise funds for the alleviation of the rampant poverty in Glasgow’s East End, similar to the mission of Edinburgh’s Hibernian Football Club when it was established in 1875. Having studied our early years it’s clear that although badges were not as prominent as they are today in recognising a brand we did use the Celtic Cross, the harp, and the 3 leafed shamrock. The original Celtic logo depicted a green Celtic cross (a thick shape with a ring behind the two lines. In addition to these highlights, for three consecutive seasons (2016/17, 2017/18 and 2018/19), Celtic have won every domestic trophy on offer (nine), completing the first Scottish ‘treble-treble’ (no other Scottish side has even won the domestic treble in two consecutive seasons). May perpetual light shine upon my Auntie Bridget and my Dad and Canon McCabe, and all deceased members of Celtic Supporters Clubs throughout the world.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment